From how many degrees do you have a fever?
Because everyone is knitted a little differently, the body temperature of people is not the same. From how many degrees do you have a fever? cannot therefore be answered in general. The school teaches that the average human body temperature is 37 degrees Celsius. In any case, fever is understood to mean a temperature inside the body that is above normal temperature. Fever is triggered for various reasons.
Fever can be caused by an infection or other illness, but physical or mental exertion also increases the body’s temperature. In women, the body temperature is increased by half a degree in its second half of the cycle, and generally the body temperature of humans differs depending on the time of day.
We speak of fever when the human body temperature is significantly higher than normal temperature.
Normal body temperature
The 37 degrees body temperature, which are taught in school as normal temperature, are a general guideline:
- In the morning, people have a body temperature of around 36.5 degrees.
- During the day, it rises by about one degree in normal activity.
- In the case of athletic performance or heavy work, it can increase by 2 degrees.
- Even if the stomach has a lot to digest, the temperature can rise by more than one degree.
- As a rule, the normal temperature is highest in the afternoon at around 37.8 degrees and lowest at around 36.5 degrees.
A clinical thermometer is used to obtain the most accurate measurement of body temperature. It is best to measure a digital one that is pushed under the tongue or to get an even more accurate result in the anus. Under armpit measurements are the least accurate and most unreliable.
- When measuring temperature under the armpit, about half a degree Celsius has to be added to infer the temperature of the inside of the body.
- Measured under the tongue or in the anus, the difference is about 0.2 degrees.
If the temperature in the crook of the arm were measured, the difference would be even greater. Because in the upper arms or thighs, the temperature of humans is only about 34 to 36 degrees. It is even deeper in the feet and hands at around 28 degrees.
From what degree does an adult have a fever?
From how many degrees do you have a fever? must be answered differently for adults than for children. Since the normal temperature in adults is between 36 and 37.4 degrees, a temperature between 37.5 and 38 degrees is referred to as elevated temperature. This is not a cause for concern because it can be due to the time of day, a lavish lunch, or strenuous exercise. Up to 38 degrees in adults is not yet spoken of fever.
- If the body temperature is between 38.1 and 38.5 degrees, there is a slight fever.
- At a temperature between 38.6 and 39 degrees, we speak of fever.
- If the thermometer shows between 39.1 and 39.9 degrees, high fever is diagnosed.
- 40 to 42 degrees body temperature are very high fever and can lead to febrile convulsions.
It is imperative to consult the doctor, because from 42 degrees body temperature it can lead to circulatory failure. From 42.6 to 44 degrees, people die because tissue and organ damage can occur. The body’s protein is slowly destroyed and the enzymes can no longer work.
At what degree do children have a fever?
From how many degrees you have a fever, children and toddlers have a slightly different answer than adults. Of course, the normal body temperature for the little ones is also around 37 degrees. But the temperature rise occurs faster than in adults and often rises higher.
- To prevent the little ones from drying out, a doctor who is not older than three months should be consulted with a doctor if the temperature has risen to over 37.8 degrees.
- A baby who is between three and six months old should not exceed 38.2 degrees without a doctor’s advice.
- And for children older than half a year, the doctor is consulted at 39.2 degrees at the latest.
Fever in children (38.6 to 39 degrees) should never be treated for longer than two days with home remedies without consulting a doctor.
What helps with fever?
Cold body washes and cold body wraps help against fever. In the case of small children, however, they should not be carried out without prior consultation with the doctor.
It can often be helpful to dress a feverish child more easily. Of course, suppositories and paracetamol tablets also help, but must be prescribed by the doctor. Bed rest and relaxation are always good for fever sufferers.
In general, an elevated temperature should not already be combated, since in the case of a fever the temperature is intentionally raised by the body in order to combat pathogens. This chance should be given to the body to a certain extent by the natural way of increasing the temperature.
From how many degrees do you have a fever? At a temperature of 37 degrees; do you speak of increased body temperature or is that still normal? When do…
40 degrees fever are dangerous in children? You will learn about the topic » Updated on March 5, 2019 How should parents react to fever? Compared to…
Fever in adults – infections – msd manual edition for patients
Fever in adults , MD, PhD, Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University Fever is an increased body temperature. A temperature is considered elevated…
If children have a fever: you can do it Fever is not a disease, but the symptom of certain diseases and serves to ward off pathogens. Infections often…