We’ll just put a thesis out there: automatic feeders are a must in every household with an aquarium or for every garden pond worker. During an absence of several days, this device ensures a species-appropriate feeding of the animals. For working people, an automatic feeder is also a practical solution, because fish want to have a snack not only in the morning and evening, but also during the day.
Buy Eheim automatic feeder 3581
It is recommended to feed in small quantities feeding three to five times a day, because in the wild the fish are looking for food during the whole waking time. How do automatic feeders work, which models and designs are available on the market and what should be considered when using this technology?? In this article you will find detailed information on the subject of "feeding technology" and "automatic feeders".
For aquarium and koi pond – automatic feeders on offer
The idea behind it always remains the same: an automatic feeder is filled with fish food and releases a portion into the aquarium or pond water at regular intervals. While some automatic feeders feed the rotation of the reservoir other models rely on a pre-programmed opening of the shutter, whereby the feed is precisely dosed. In the third automatic feeder, built in the form of a rondel, several smaller chambers are filled with feed and each is opened after a rotation above the water. This model also guarantees accurate dosing of the feed quantity.
Modern feeders are battery operated and controlled by an electronic "brain". feeding times, it is also possible to adjust the feeding quantities as well as intervals between feedings can be adjusted. As a rule, such an automatic feeder can be fill up to four weeks in advance.
Overview of popular models of automatic feeders
Feeding technology for aquarium:
eheim twin automatic feeder in the store
- the market leader eheim is present on the market with several automatic feeders. On the one hand, there are automatic feeders that can be filled with only one type of food – sticks, pellets or granules. These devices release the food into the water at the desired time and in the desired quantity by opening a flap . To ensure that the food does not clump together in view of the high air humidity and temperature near the water, the feeding chamber equipped with a special ventilation system. A warning signal appears as soon as the battery power decreases. As a variant of this feeder is to be mentioned the so-called "feeding station", which delivers the food under water. On the other hand, with the twinfeeder, eheim offers a machine for two types of food. these can be dispensed either simultaneously or alternately at random, as desired. The dosage, time and quantity can also be adjusted in this case individually for each type of food adjust. This automatic feeder is recommended if there are some fish in the tank that depend on the sinking food, such as catfish. Fish that come to the surface to feed are supplied with floating food.
- The advantage of the rondo stewart automatic feeder lies not least in the plug-in connection, which ensures that the device remains permanently in operation. The feed is dispensed by turning the feed chamber upside down . The sticking of the food particles is prevented in this case not by aeration, but by the heating the feed chamber counteracted.
- Another solution to the "clumping" problem is offered by hydor’s mixo and ecomixo feeders: here, the clogging prevents the fish from being fed in the same way light vibration of the feeding chamber. Alternatively, a connection to an aerator is possible. Otherwise, the quantity, time and interval between feedings can also be flexibly adjusted in this case. Two or three feedings per day are possible, which is sufficient in most cases.
- The automatic feeder rondomatic from grasslin is due to the high number (28) of separate chambers relatively difficult to fill, but offers a high flexibility in feeding. The manufacturer relies on heatable chamber against clumping. advantageous in this case is the possibility, to feed up to 12 times a day, what could be useful for breeding.
Automatic feeder for the garden pond:
Koifeeder automatic feeder for the pond
- the "koifeeder" from aquaforte, a brand of the dutch wholesaler SIBO, is placed at the edge of a garden pond and can either let the feed slide into the water or scatter it over the water surface. This "litter" function can be switched off as required. The automatic feeders for the pond differ from the corresponding aquarium technology mainly in that larger volume of your feeding chamber. The koi feeder from aquaforte can be used, for example, with almost 3 kilograms of dry food filling. The amount of food can be changed by adjusting the duration of a feeding. Of course, other parameters such as the time and intervals between feedings can also be adjusted to the respective population.
- The koi-cafe is another interesting model, designed to be placed directly above the water, because the feed is dispensed through the opening of a flap in the bottom of the device. The automatic feeder is battery operated and also with solar cells for more self-sufficiency equipped. the designers of this feeder not only focused on high-precision technology, but also on an attractive appearance, giving the device the form of a stylized pagoda. Another advantage is the high resistance, because the feeder is exposed to all weather conditions and must not fail in frost or heat.
Tips on feeding fish with the help of automatic feeders
Finally, we would like to give you some advice about feeding with a feeder. These tips will help you to feed your aquarium or pond inhabitants in a species-appropriate way:
- also at this point it should be pointed out that feeders should only be filled with dry food, be it food mixtures or dried small creatures;
- But not all feeders are designed for all types of dry food either. Therefore it is important to – follow the instructions for use. Experience has shown that granulate is best suited for these machines, not all machines may be filled with flakes.
- Despite the intelligent technology: the operation of an automatic feeder requires a lot of intuition. Above all danger of over-supply of food. Before you go on vacation, it is therefore worthwhile to supervise the feed delivery again and again, in order to possibly reduce the quantity and the number of feedings. If a feeder is set precisely, then it will freely go into action daily during the absence. Note: in a well acclimated aquarium the fish can survive three to four days without food and get food in the mulm.
- For proper functioning, the aquarium feeder should be placed exactly level – whether on the tank cover or screwed onto the tank wall.
- It goes without saying that the food should be fed directly into the water and not land on the cover or – even worse – on the light tubes. If possible, choose a site that is free of plants. Since a feeder is often placed above the opening provided for it, it should be remembered when setting up a tank not to plant this location.
- Set feeding times so that it does not happen at night or at night. Feeding in the dark. Some feeders even have a sensor that prevents the feed from being dispensed in the dark. The fish are equipped with an "internal clock" so that they gather at their feeding place at the accustomed time.
- Replace or recharge batteries regularly, especially before a vacation.
If you take these simple rules to heart, an automatic feeder is a reliable device that will gladly take care of your garden pond or aquarium inhabitants.
(6 tuning, with the average 4,50 of 5)