Bleaching – safe and successful only in the dental office!
Too much coffee, tea, red wine and nicotine – and the naturally bright color of the teeth turns into yellow and brown. If you want to change that, it’s best to go to the dental office. Specialists are working here who are also familiar with cosmetic issues related to beautiful teeth. To the Kiss-Your-Partner-Day (28.04.2019) we explain which bleaching methods There is and why tooth whitening belongs in the hands of professionals.
Key facts at a glance:
- Bleaching at the dentist offers a suitable opportunity for everyone to lighten their teeth.
- The professionals in the dental practice match the color individually to the type.
- A condition for the bleaching is a good oral health: no caries, no inflammation.
- The bleaching works with hydrogen peroxide. The dentist may use it up to a concentration of 6 percent – over-the-counter preparations for home use only with a concentration of less than 0.1 percent.
- The pigment deposits in the enamel are decolorized by hydrogen peroxide – not dissolved out.
- For white, well-groomed teeth also ensures the regular prophylaxis and control of the teeth at the dentist.
Bleaching teeth is safe only in the dental office
Professionally performed medical teeth whitening have a very high success rate. However, not every patient responds equally well to the bleaching method. Here it is important, together with the dental professionals in practice, to find the best way for the patient individually.
These are the common methods for whitening the dentist:
- In-office bleaching – With highly concentrated bleaching agent and the use of light, the teeth are whitened directly in the field. Mucous membranes and lips are protected.
- Home bleaching – can be connected to this treatment or applied separately. The patient fills a custom-made splint with low concentrated gel and pushes it over the teeth. This takes place daily in the period of about two weeks and can be repeated later.
- Walking bleach – Brightens root-dead teeth, which discolour over time. The dentist inserts a special bleaching agent into the upper root canal, closes it temporarily, and repeats the procedure until the desired shade is achieved.
What happens when bleaching? Color pigments of food or luxury foods are deposited in the enamel. By means of hydrogen peroxide, these pigments are decolorized in the enamel – not dissolved out!
The modern bleaching procedures are safe and medically proven. For this one uses a gel, which is enriched with hydrogen peroxide. Light (LED, UV or LASER) activates the hydrogen peroxide and destroys the deposits in the enamel. Before each bleaching, the teeth must be thoroughly and professionally cleaned. Lips, mucous membranes and gums are covered.
In case of hypersensitivity or other unpleasant reactions, which may occur in individual cases, the dental practice has the appropriate measures at hand. When teeth whitening is performed with the right method and by qualified personnel, the risks are minimal and the chances of success high.
Bleaching with a brush, adhesive tape or standard rail? No way!
Luckily, the times when teeth whitened at home were luckily over. Legislators are also putting tooth whitening into the hands of dental pros in practice. According to the EU Cosmetics Regulation, products containing more than 0.1 percent to 6 percent hydrogen peroxide may only be used under direct dental supervision.
So if you want to make his smile with whiter teeth shine, you should definitely seek advice in his dental practice. The best way to permanent beautiful and healthy teeth is a regular prophylaxis and control in the dental office.
ask & Answers to whitening
The bleach contains chemical ingredients that extract minerals from the enamel. As a result, its protective effect is temporarily interrupted. After bleaching, the teeth are therefore hypersensitive to heat and cold in the short term.
The choice of bleaching method should be agreed with the dentist. Highly concentrated gel is more intense and faster, but belongs in the hands of the dentist. For low concentrated gel that is applied at home, you need more patience.
After bleaching, normal eating habits can be directly absorbed. However, the discoloration begins again from the beginning: who drinks a lot of coffee, tea or red wine, risking permanent discoloration in the long run.
There is no precise statement. Bleaching is a private benefit that patients have to carry themselves. The prices for teeth whitening may be fixed by the dentist. In general you should expect a whitening from the dentist with about 300 Euro plus 90 Euro for a previous Professional Dental Cleaning (PZR).
To kiss your partner day:
April 28 draws attention to a truly loving gesture: the kiss. Who came up with this day? One does not know. Only this much is clear: the kiss can have many meanings and expressions. Always, the two participants come very close. Because our face and lips are sensitive to touch, our ancestors recognized the touch of kissing as their relative.
Whiter teeth with whitening Information about professional teeth whitening by the dentist Many people wish White teeth and for good reason : it’s fun to…
Bleaching Berlin in the dental practice med. dent. Khasin colleagues Teeth whitening, the so-called bleaching, offers the possibility to lighten teeth in…
bleaching Dental whitening, Professional teeth cleaning, PZR, Teeth whitening Frankfurt PERFECTLY CAREFUL, CLEAN AND SHINY WHITE TEETH. Teeth whitening…
Plastic fillings look nicer than amalgam fillings. They also passed the long-term test. Nevertheless, the patient has to bear the cost of a plastic…