Cavities (caries dentium) disease million.
Caries – caries that is localized and progressive in nature. Caries begins with the destruction of organic acids, inorganic bases of tooth enamel. In the process of demineralization inevitably organic caries with subsequent formation of cavities and infection. According to statistics, more than 95% of people suffer from tooth decay at a certain level.
The susceptibility of the tooth surface to dental caries depends on many factors:
- Genetics, that is inheritance;
- general state of health;
- preventive and hygiene measures mouth;
- correct, balanced diet;
- the anatomical features of the tooth surface. Favorable conditions for the formation of plaque and fixation are created between the teeth and recesses;
- Saturation of tooth enamel fluoride. The normal indicators of this element make the tooth enamel more resistant to acids;
- the quantity and quality of saliva, its buffering properties deacidification.
The main causes of tooth decay
Dentists around the world are the following reasons for tooth decay:
- Poor hygienic condition of the oral cavity;
- The weakening of the immune system in general and the presence of a chronic organism disease. Childhood infectious diseases (tuberculosis, or rickets) that disrupt the formation of tooth tissue;
- Genetic predisposition to human tooth decay. Explains that there is a lot of tooth decay in children;
- Drinking water contains low or high levels of phosphorus, fluoride, calcium, etc.
- Diet. Lack of vitamins and minerals, the lack of standards in the ratio of protein and carbohydrates, a decrease in diet products of natural origin, the abundance of foods with a high sugar content, etc. provokes the occurrence of the disease;
- The geographic peculiarities of the region and social factors (such as work in dangerous jobs).
The causes of tooth decay are not only involved in the development and development of tooth decay. It is a systemic process that consists of a variety of factors.
Stages of caries
Caries is a progressive disease and has various stages of development. Brief look at the most important stages of caries:
- Elementary – macular cariosa (blotch level) upon demineralization begins with the fact that the enamel leaves have a natural shine and appear gray or light, dark brown spots. In this step, tooth decay is usually asymptomatic.
- Surface (superficial caries) and medium (caries media) caries can be combined in a single step, which is characterized by the appearance of the destructive changes in the area of the enamel stains. The main symptom of the disease at this stage – the emergence of short-term pain for thermal and chemical stimuli (cold, hot, acidic, salty). Thus, a cavity (defect) with the only difference that the surface caries – in the enamel, and with a medium one in the tissue of the tooth (dentin).
- Stage caries profunda – deep caries – is characterized by a deep cavity, painful sensations in the thermal, mechanical and chemical influences. In some cases there are signs of inflammation of the vascular nerve bundles (pulp).
For special types of caries can be attributed to caries of the neck – the name corresponds to a place on the caries, in the neck of the tooth on the gums. Dental caries arises and develops in this place due to the weak layer of tooth enamel in the neck and the inaccessibility of the place due to the dental care procedure.
The process of tooth decay is slow, so it is easy to visually identify the adult and have continued in the development of tooth decay, you should immediately consult your dentist. Caries in children arise from the same symptoms as adults, so parents are required to periodically check the condition of milk teeth (including milk), and when the first visible signs of caries lead the child to the doctor. In this case, the development of tooth decay in the child will stop.
Diagnosing caries is only possible if you visit the dentist regularly. Deep caries diagnosed without difficulty – visually. Diagnosis of dental caries in the early phases is carried out using X-ray and thermodiagnostics.
Diagnosis of caries by primary "translyuminestsentsii" performed, that is, teeth shining on the back of the strong beam of light. Early diagnosis allows the doctor to treat tooth decay and spend a lot of time to stop tooth decay.
In the initial phase, treatment of caries remineralization therapy (application) leads from the pre-treatment of dental plaque.
Surface treatment of caries, middle and deep stages is carried out by removing the affected tissue. Next is filling cavities. It must be remembered that the earlier treatment of tooth decay filling canned food is healthier for longer.
When treating caries holding time, the cavities can become severe in shape, such as going into periodontitis or pulp, with the consequent loss of the tooth.
Prevention of tooth decay
Prevention of tooth decay greatly reduces the risk of illness. Particularly important for parents to monitor the implementation of preventive measures. Caries in children, especially at a young age – a "earnings" of parents who did not respond in time to visible changes in teeth or to the child’s complaints.
The preventive measures include:
- Hygiene prevention of tooth decay – a supply for the entire oral cavity is the use of fluoride toothpaste, the use of solutions or pastes with chlorhexidine, the use of xylitol (gum);
- Medical prophylaxis – a general improvement in the body, reducing the stress on the teeth, keeping certain events, such as sealing (sealing) cracks and blind "holes", which can form plaque;
- Regular visits to the dentist.
Caries: Symptoms, complaints, causes, treatment Caries: Symptoms, complaints, causes, treatment If a tooth is affected by caries, a process is underway…
Caries Caries respectively. tooth decay with the typical causes of toothache and dark discoloration of the teeth, is one of the most common infectious…
caries treatment This text corresponds to the specifications of the medical literature, medical guidelines and current studies and has been checked by…
Caries of milk teeth in children and their treatment: what parents need to know Baby teeth with caries in children need to be healed. Some parents’…