So some Plant from garden or balcony can cause poisoning. Poisonous plants that children should stay away from
Sniffing allowed: The next generation should know that the garden splendor is not to eat is thought
No matter how beautiful they look – poisonous plants should not be near children. Because the little ones want to touch and research everything. It is easy for a poisonous berry to disappear from your mouth at lightning speed.
Do not leave children unattended
Here you will find a selection of plants, trees and shrubs that can easily be dangerous for your offspring. However, you don’t have to do without an attractively landscaped balcony or garden: Mother Nature has enough beauties available that are classified as rather harmless. Even so, you shouldn’t leave your little one unattended. Her child should also learn that it shouldn’t just eat berries and plant parts. Warning: Houseplants can also be poisonous.
Common poisonous plants
Yew (Taxus baccata)
What is toxic? Almost all parts of the plant, especially the seeds.
symptoms: If the seeds are chewed or the needles swallowed while eating the berries, severe poisoning will result. After about an hour, you may experience nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. Later on diarrhea, striking red lips and wide pupils. In severe cases, rapid heartbeat and loss of consciousness also occur.
Tree of life (Thuja occidentalis, Thuja orientalis)
What is toxic? Everything – especially the branch tips and the cones.
symptoms: Ingestion of the small parts of the plant can lead to symptoms such as vomiting, diarrhea and abdominal pain. In severe cases, seizures and kidney damage are also possible. The oil of the Thujen can cause skin irritation.
Oleander (Nerium oleander)
What is toxic? The whole plant.
symptoms: For example, children eat parts of plants, vomiting, colic-like abdominal pain and cardiac arrhythmia in severe cases.
Common ivy (Hedera helix)
What is toxic? The whole plant is considered poisonous. The ivy leaves and the black berries are very special.
symptoms: After eating berries, there may be a burning sensation in the throat, vomiting and diarrhea. Frequent touching of ivy leaves or the roots may cause skin inflammation.
Cyclamen (Cyclamen persicum)
What is toxic? The tuber in particular is poisonous.
symptoms: If your child swallows small pieces of the tuber, vomiting and diarrhea can occur. In severe cases, seizures and paralysis.
Christmas rose (Helleborus niger)
What is toxic? All parts of the Christmas rose.
symptoms: Among other things, scratching in the mouth and throat. Vomiting, increased salivation, abdominal pain, diarrhea and dilated pupils.
Lily of the valley (Convallaria majalis)
What is toxic? Everything. Even the red berries.
symptoms: Vomiting and diarrhea. Cardiac arrhythmias can also occur.
Selection of common poisonous plants
For example, you should not have these plants in the garden or on the balcony. Attention: This list is not exhaustive!
Beautifully grown green plants and magnificent flowers that shimmer in all colors of the rainbow delight the eye and can create the atmosphere in a room…
Plants are not only useful, but also an appealing ornament and are part of your well-being. However, caution is advised, as not all…
They are not only beautiful, but sometimes also poisonous or prickly: houseplants. What parents should consider when choosing to have their child…
Yesterday the child happily went to crèche or kindergarten, today there is protest and roar. What is behind it? Today: thumbs down for that…