Checklist for a trip to Malta! (5 steps to travel planning)
This is about planning a successful trip to Malta.
For this we have written a separate checklist.
It ranges from the selection of the right destination in Malta to suitcase packing to arrival.
We have already written our own contributions to the individual topics.
Here we summarize their content.
5 steps to travel planning
1. The right destination in Malta
The harbor of Mgarr on Malta’s neighbor island Gozo.
Malta may have been a small island, but choosing the right destination is still crucial to a successful trip.
Here you will find first a list of all important destinations in Malta and for what type of travel we recommend them!
- Sliema:is the all-rounder on Malta. We recommend the coastal city for a first trip to Malta. The city is centrally located between all interesting places in Malta.
- Valletta:The capital of Malta is the ideal starting point to discover the sights of Malta.
- Mellieha:Most sandy beaches in Malta make Mellieha the best destination for a beach or family holiday.
- St. Julian’s:most 5 star hotels with the party district of Malta – Paceville, many language travelers and beautiful bays.
- Gozo:the neighboring island of Malta is a very quiet destination with wineries, nature and beautiful beaches. For Gozo we recommend but a rental car.
- Comino:a hotel stands on the island between Malta and Gozo. The Blue Lagoon on Gozo is one of the most visited destinations.
- St. Paul’s Bay Buggiba Qawra: Beaches, vibrant nightlife and many activities make St. Paul’s Bay an interesting summer destination.
- Marsaxlokk:a small fishing village with guest houses and apartments. Clearly, one of the quietest tourist destinations in Malta.
- Mdina / Rabat: The medieval town is interesting for sighteeing.
- Mosta: sighteseeing
- Three Cities: Opposite Valletta, on the Grand Harbor, are the three cities of Vittoriosa, Senglea and Cospicu.
The Golden Bay in Mellieha, Malta.
2. The search for a hotel and flight
To find good hotels, a cheap flight or a package holiday we have written our own guides.
Here I briefly summarize the content and link to the more detailed posts.
So you find a good hotel in Malta!
The location of the hotels in Malta is just as crucial for a successful vacation as the reviews. In our travel guides we have selected in all places good hotels in all price ranges.
Of course, you should also research the reviews and location before booking a hotel. For this we recommend HolidayCheck.
So you will find a cheap flight to Malta!
The price of a flight to Malta depends very much on the season and available airlines. In summer many holiday airlines fly to Malta. Their prices are much cheaper than the scheduled flights in winter.
A flight to Malta costs between 80 and 300 €.
So here is a huge savings potential for a comparable service.
Malta vacation packages: 10 mistakes you should avoid!
Does it make any sense to book a package holiday to Malta and if so, which hotels are recommended?
We have dealt with the 10 most common mistakes in a separate article.
Book airport transfer in Malta: 10 most frequently asked questions
These include buses, public transport, taxis and ferries to Gozo and Comino.
The next item of the checklist is about the travel preparation.
The Blue Lagoon on Comino, Malta.
3. Prepare travel
You like to look at interesting places before you arrive?
Then you are correct in our contribution category “Sights”. In it are all contributions to interesting places in Malta collected.
As an inspiration, I also put you close to the 27 most beautiful pictures from Malta!
Maltese food, which you definitely have to taste, can be found here.
Please think about it, Check some time beforehand if your passport or identity card is still valid!
With AllAroundMalta.de we really want to make all travel guides superfluous. If you need one, get Lonely Planet Malta. He is the most detailed.
View from the cliffs of Comino towards Gozo on Malta.
4. Pack your suitcase
Now we are close to departure.
For packing your suitcases, we have written our own packing list.
It contains all the important things that you should definitely have in Malta. It’s about the British sockets you need a suitable travel adapter for and the right clothes for the different seasons in Malta.
View from Sliema to Malta’s capital Valletta.
Remember, if you have all things with you!
Our packing list also helps.
Everything else you can buy in Malta.
That was our checklist for a vacation in Malta!
Hopefully our list will help you to prepare your trip without stress.
Let the comments tell you if the checklist has helped or if there are any items left in the list.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Have fun in Malta!
Daria and Thomas!
" data-medium-file ="https://www.allaroundmalta.de/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Malta-Checkliste-Grafik-173×300.jpg" data-large-file ="https://www.allaroundmalta.de/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Malta-Checkliste-Grafik-591×1024.jpg" > Remember on Pinterest!
report this ad
gift voucher Redeem hotel voucher for a short trip Redeem voucher for a short break We are glad that you have the present gift voucher want to redeem for…
Hanoi: Tips for your trip Many Vietnam visitors are drawn to the hotspots in the south. But the north of the country has much to offer. And a detour to…
Plan a world trip Checklist: step by step Plan Around the World • Our checklist for your world trip! The decision to travel the world has been made, of…
Holidays in Sardinia The island of Sardinia is the second largest island of the Mediterranean and comes straight to Sicily. It is only 12 km away from…