Dental implant costs (prices)
Prices in implantology & how you can save. Branded implants in the Munich and Starnberg area from € 580 *
Author: Dr. med. dent. Nicole Ettl
last updated: February 21st, 2017
consultation & Instant contact:
A simple branded implant, including material and setting, generally costs between € 1,000 and € 1,500 in Germany. In our WE Care dental practices in the Munich area, a specific, simple brand dental implant including material and setting is available from € 580 * – including a 5-year guarantee.
The Dental implant costs cannot be determined as a whole. they are depends on the individual case and sit down various factors together. They can therefore vary greatly from patient to patient as well as from case to case. Generally speaking, the more complicated and extensive a treatment, the higher the price. This post is meant to give you a basic overview procure the costs for dental implants (also in the Munich area).
When comparing offers about dental implants with each other, it is important to be able to assign the individual cost items precisely. This is the only way to get an objective picture. It is best to have the dentist of your choice draw up a treatment and cost plan that is individually designed for you. You can then compare this with other dentists’ medical and cost plans.
Which factors determine the cost of dental implants?
The following factors decide on the cost of dental implants:
- Diagnostics / planning: Sound diagnostics are the prerequisite for successful planning. The minimum requirement is an X-ray, which is usually taken over by all health insurance companies. If a DVT scan (3D X-ray) is required, the costs can increase.
- If the planning shows that a 3D template (drilling template) makes sense, this represents an additional cost item.
- There are dental implants Titanium and ceramics (Zirconium oxide) in different forms and from different manufacturers. Depending on the manufacturer, prices may vary vary extremely (Price range € 130 to € 800 per implant), so that there may be considerable savings potential. It is strongly recommended to only use dental implants from well-known manufacturers, the use of which is based on extensive studies and which have proven themselves on the market. There are also inexpensive branded implants from renowned manufacturers. The opinion that ceramic implants are generally significantly more expensive than titanium implants is not correct. Our dental practices in Berg in the Starnberg area and in Wolfratshausen near Munich work exclusively with branded implants renowned manufacturer.
- The supply of the implant: A dental implant is usually supplied with a tooth crown. Depending on the material of this denture, the costs may vary. There is the option of full cast crowns in the posterior region. Here the metal used dictates the price. The supply with veneered metal ceramic crowns is aesthetically more beautiful, but is not subsidized for every tooth by the statutory health insurance companies. This leaves a higher own contribution and here too the costs are influenced by the metal used. The best aesthetic results are achieved with all-ceramic crowns, which should also be the first choice for other reasons. Various ceramics are available for the production of crowns, which also vary in price. The same applies to a restoration with dental bridges or a prosthesis.
- number of implants: Depending on the number of implants, the costs increase proportionately. If it makes sense, it is always useful to compare the costs per implant with offers.
- The Fee of the dentist: A fee is charged to the dentist for the implantation, i.e. the insertion of the dental implant into the jaw and the restoration of an implant with a crown. The amount of this fee is in Germany through the Fee schedule for dentists (GOZ) uniformly regulated. The dentist can, however, determine the amount of the fee through so-called. factors vary by which the fee is multiplied according to the GOZ. The default factor is 2.3. The increase in this factor of up to 3.5 is usually accepted by the private health insurers, providing sufficient reasons are given which led to this increase. A further increase in the factor is possible with the patient’s consent.
- Planning: Intelligent treatment planning can save treatment steps, and thus time, material, fees and other costs. This can be done, for example, with a crown restoration with Cerec-3D.
- Bone formation: If there is not enough bone in the jaw, a bone augmentation is necessary. Depending on the type and scope of the required bone structure and the bone substitute material used, the costs also vary here. Under certain circumstances, savings can be made by using special implants or other pillars so that bone build-up is avoided. However, this requires extensive specialist knowledge in implantology.
- Optional additional services: On supplementary blood test (Titanium stimulation test) or one ozone therapy additional disinfection will also be charged separately.
- Warranty: Legally, dental implants are only guaranteed for two years. In the case of a guarantee, the scope of services is significantly reduced compared to a guarantee. Some dental surgeries also give a guarantee, usually 2 years, in exceptional cases even more. Sometimes an extended warranty can result in price increases.
The sum of these factors ultimately results in the price for one or more dental implants. This total price is reduced for legally insured patients by the so-called fixed subsidies from the health insurance company. For private patients, the type of tariff determines the amount in which the costs are reimbursed. In some tariffs this is 100%. In addition, dental supplementary insurance can close all or part of an existing financing gap.
Price examples in Germany
In Germany, the following results from the above statements, average price ranges (Example):
1 branded tooth implant, setting & Materials € 1,000 – € 1,500,-
1 branded tooth implant plus crown (full ceramic) € 1,700 – € 2,800 *
Prices for implants abroad
Many dental clinics abroad claim that they offer dental implants many times cheaper than in Germany. However, this is often not correct – at least when viewed as a whole. There is an offer to study very carefully. In some cases, cheap implants are offered, often only metal-ceramic crowns (instead of all-ceramic). Added to this are the travel costs (min. 2 trips) and the loss of time. Here is a price example from well-known dental clinics abroad:
|1 branded tooth implant, setting & materials||around € 680,-|
|plus travel expenses (2 trips)||€ 700,-|
|Total price:||approx. € 1,380,-|
|1 branded tooth implant plus crown (all-ceramic)||€ 1,050 – € 1,245,-|
|plus travel expenses (2 trips)||€ 700,-|
|Total price:||€ 1,750 – € 1,945,-|
As you can see, the prices for a single dental implant plus restoration are even higher than for us at WE Care. In addition, these prices only include a 2-year guarantee.
In our WECare dental practices in the Munich and Starnberg area, the costs or the price for a simple one Dental implant including placement from € 580,-,* for an easy one Dental implant including full ceramic crown from € 1,300,-. These prices apply to those insured by law and represent the patient’s own contribution without a fixed subsidy from the health insurance company. The calculation is different for private patients and is based on the GOZ. We offer a 5-year guarantee at no extra charge .
Of course, you will receive a non-binding offer from us before the start of treatment in the form of a healing and cost plan for the dental implants, any necessary bone structure and the planned dentures.
* The price includes a certain, simple, branded dental implant including placement under normal and healthy anatomical conditions. If additional services are necessary (bone building, gum treatment, …) these are not included in the price. The price can also rise if the treatment is more complex.
Dental implants high quality dentures at fair prices Thanks to medical research and medical experience , dental implants have become a safe and permanent…
Cheap dental implants The dentist Dr. Alexander Herdt from Lörrach answers questions from patients during this expert consultation. I need a completely…
The cost to the dentist The cost of treatment at the dentist can vary widely in Germany. The price differences concern both the actual performance of the…
Cost of dental treatments for children Nowadays, every person insured by law knows that going to the dentist is not only uncomfortable for the patient,…