Dentists for implantology in Berlin
The focus of our work is modern implantology. Whether a single tooth restoration to close the gap, dentures at the free end, if all the teeth are missing in a jaw half or a toothless jaw – we provide a safe solution in every situation.
Implantology today offers an attractive alternative to crowns and bridges on teeth or dentures. Our minimally invasive approach provides rapid healing after implantation. The use of body-friendly, biological materials, modern therapy concepts, and the latest technology are our basis for your aesthetic and high-quality dentures exclusively from master laboratories “Made in Berlin”.
Table of Contents
Implants and their use
Implantology – What is a dental implant?
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots that are inserted into the jawbone instead of a missing natural tooth. Most implants are made of pure titanium, because this material is particularly tissue-friendly, the bone with the titanium safely grows and withstands the chewing loads. Implants consist of the implant that is inserted into the bone and the implant abutment that is screwed into the implant and carries the tooth crown.
Advantages of the dental implant
What advantages can a dental implant offer??
- The dental implant looks and is as stable as your own tooth
- The bone is firmly attached to the implant
- Implants allow a much stronger biting than prostheses
- New teeth on dental implants allow a clear pronunciation
- Implants stabilize the jawbone and reduce bone loss
Requirements for implantation
Which requirements should exist for the implantation??
For a successful implantology, general oral health is important. The jaw bone should have a minimum height of 8 mm and a minimum width of 5 mm for the implantation. If the jawbone supply is not enough, modern dentistry can build bones.
- The gums must be healthy at first, otherwise a gum treatment will take place beforehand.
- Carious teeth and periodontitis are treated before implantation.
- Bacterially infected teeth are treated endodontically before implantation.
- Unnecessary teeth and root remains are removed before implantation.
Possible uses of dental implants
Attachment of dentures such as crowns, bridges and prostheses
1. The tooth gap: If one or more teeth are missing in a row of teeth, the tooth gap is closed with the help of one or more implants. The advantage is that you do not have to grind the neighboring teeth. Furthermore, the alveolar crest bone is retained by the implants.
3. Toothless jaw: Two or four implants are used to secure prostheses. An incorporated in the prosthesis retaining element creates a stable connection to the implant. So enjoyable food and safe behavior is possible again.
Ideally, 8 implants are placed in the upper jaw and 6 implants in the lower jaw to fix a fixed prosthesis in the edentulous jaw. This number of implants corresponds to a recognized recommendation of the German Society of Dentistry (DGZMK). In exceptional cases, 4 implants in the upper jaw and 2 implants for fixation in the lower jaw can be used. For bridges on implants, the same rules apply as on natural teeth.
Safe and solid dentures: For whom are dental implants suitable?? The replacement for the missing tooth in the jaw is called: dental implant. The…
Dental implants – fixed dentures for a vital charisma and a good mouthfeel Missing teeth burden the self-esteem especially when the tooth gap (s) are in…
Implantology Hannover – Quality of life with safety: dentures and dental implants Hannover Tooth loss is always a loss of quality of life. In our dental…
Implant prosthetics – custom-fit and indiv > The implant prosthetic restoration can be divided into two treatment sections. The implant surgery…