Dysfunctional family as the cause of difficult childhood
The dysfunctional family is a catastrophic community characterized by repeated malfunctions. Its destructive effect is realized much later when it has an enormous form of destructive psychological effects on the children.
Characteristics of a dysfunctional family
- Lack of trust and security
- Lack of love and togetherness
- Lack of understanding between family members
- The parents do not support their children
- The child’s needs and desires are always neglected
- Verbal, physical or sexual abuse is part of family behavior
- Family members create an unpredictable unhealthy climate
- Insignificant disputes regarding problems such as money, love, work or etc.
- Negative treatment of stressful situations
- Family values and rules are rigid and illogical.
Serious effects on child psychology
Distorted worldviews have a traumatic effect on the children. Such unnatural relationships shape the child’s norms of life. In adapting to deficient parents, each child shows different characteristics. Some or all of the following can be seen in the affected child, individually or in combination:
- Feeling of loneliness
- Too harsh attitude towards yourself
- It is difficult for the child to relax and enjoy life
- Difficulty expressing your feelings
- Extremist answers and decisions
- Intimate relationships are a problem
- Accepting Abusive Relationships
- A need to help others to find a connection
- Incompetent handling of anger, frustration and hatred
The child shows a very low sensitivity threshold due to drug or alcohol addiction and other disorders among family members. In some cases, a dysfunctional family tends to attribute problems to the child even if he did not cause them. Some growing children can protect humor in order to save themselves from it mentally and act as entertainers in a group of people.
The parents should really have a great feeling for the feelings of their children. Family arguments are an inseparable part of life, but they are not meant to become an accepted pattern of behavior. Each family member can keep an inviolable space for their thoughts and actions and grant this right to their neighbors, and yet still be able to express themselves freely and to discuss. With all personality types, a sincere attempt to understand the child can do a lot, especially by showing an attitude of a friend rather than a parent or sibling.
Supporting the child from parents and friends, expressing great trust in him help a lot. One should encourage them to express their feelings and keep them away from family members with poor behaviors. A shared participation in daily household chores, leisure activities and hobbies can work wonders for the whole family.
Violence among siblings in everyday family life Gertrud Ennulate Sibling relationships are rich in conflicts involving verbal, hidden and physical…
Separation of parents: this helps the child When separated, parents are often very busy with themselves. But be careful: your child now needs them more…
Family insurance or private child health insurance? Children are covered by the free family co-insurance in a parent’s statutory health insurance. It…
Baltic Sea apartment for the family The entire Baltic Sea coast is lined with holiday apartments that are ideal for small and large families. Apartments…