Donegal English Language School welcomes you to the English and Surf Camp in Bundoran, County Donegal on the Wild Atlantic Way. The camp is suitable for those arriving alone, with friends or in groups. We welcome students from over 14 countries and it would be a great pleasure to welcome you soon.
Our Junior Halloween Camp is open from 23 to 30 October 2019.
We are currently accepting bookings, please contact us for more information.
About our surf center
We offer high quality training with experienced, qualified surfers from Bundoran. Our goal is to ensure that your surfing skills improve in a safe and enjoyable environment. We are committed to helping you achieve your surfing goals by keeping the groups small and giving each participant personal attention. Regular personal feedback and a large selection of surfboards to try out support and encourage your personal progress.
– ISA-approved (International Surfing Association)
– Surfboards for every level
– All the equipment (neoprene suits, . ) is available
– 8 surf spots in the immediate vicinity
– Surf shop for men and women with an exclusive 10% discount for Donegal English Language School participants.
We offer lessons in three categories: Beginners, intermediate and advanced.
– For the advanced program we recommend that participants use their own boards. If this is not possible, boards of 6’0? are available.
– A minimum of 3 participants is required for the advanced program. If there are fewer participants, they will be assigned to the intermediate level program.
Selection of surfboards
For beginners we have a large selection of soft boards. For the intermediate level we have a full range of N.S.Ps from 6’4 – 8’6 and a range of Fun Boards from 6’1 – 7’2.
– We recommend advanced surfers to bring their own surfboards.
– At least 3 participants are required for an advanced course to take place. If there are only one or two students, you will be integrated into the intermediate level course.
Our evening activities include water sports, in-house discos, bowling, treasure hunts, cinema visits, art and music workshops, talent shows, crazy Olympics, outdoor sports, team building, etc.
Every Saturday we also offer cultural excursions, where the participants have the opportunity to buy souvenirs, clothes, etc.. Some of the destinations are:
- Slieve League und Donegal Town
- Parkes Castle and Sligo Town
- Lough Key National Park und Carrick on Shannon
- 15 hours English per week
- An English language learning program tailored to your needs
- Full board with accommodation in the house or in host families
- An exciting and eventful programme of activities
- One evening programme and one cultural excursion per week
- Transfer to school and activities. No bus or train tickets required.
- A certificate from the teacher and a certificate of attendance as well as a certificate of achievement.
- Age: 11 – 17 years old
- We also organise separate weeks each summer for students aged 8-11. Please contact us directly for more information.
- Categories: From beginner to advanced (we offer advanced courses from 11th to 25th August 2019)
- We also offer surf camps where the morning English lessons are also replaced by other surf lessons. Please contact us directly for more information.
- Transfers for arrivals and departures are only offered on Sundays. Exceptions may be made for groups. If this is your request, please contact us directly.
- Free internet access
- free DELS bag
Bundoran, known as Ireland’s most popular beach holiday destination and surf metropolis, is located right on the Atlantic coast along the Wild Atlantic Way. An ideal place to live, go on excursions or just relax and enjoy. Bundoran and its surroundings with a wide range of destinations and tourist attractions of all kinds has something to offer for every taste.
Bundoran has been a popular holiday destination since the 18th century. It has everything you would expect from a coastal town, including breathtaking scenery and stunning coastlines.
Annual festivals like Sea Sessions, Rory Gallagher Festival, October Country Music Festival or Ballyshannon Folk Festival offer the ideal opportunity for visitors from all over the world to make new friends in a relaxed and carefree way.
A variety of traditional Irish pubs with live music, nightclubs, shows and restaurants provide a varied evening entertainment.
For outdoor enthusiasts there are countless possibilities, from playing golf, breathtaking hikes, surfing, kayaking, horse riding, cycling to deep-sea fishing.
Bundoran also offers a variety of activities for families. The choice ranges from bowling, cinema, waterword, adventure park to covered play centres.
No matter which course you choose, Bundoran offers an ideal base for excursions and exploring the Wild Atlantic Way, such as Slieve League, Glenveagh National Park, Donegal Castle, Lisadell House, Mullaghmore, Glencar Waterfalls, Sligo Town, Parkes Castle, Omagh Folk Park and much more.
The young people can easily and uncomplicatedly reach a number of central cities and cultural centres by bus:
Sligo 30 minutes Derry 1.5 hours
Galway 2.5 hours Belfast 2.5 hours
Dublin 3 hours
Accommodation for teenagers
Our student accommodation includes four spacious bedrooms, 3-4 bathrooms, a spacious kitchen, a living room and all modern conveniences. The houses are located in a quiet cul-de-sac, one minute walk from the Atlantic Ocean and Donegal Bay and 15 minutes walk from the city center. A pedestrian path leads from the houses along the promenade directly to the city centre. The hostel accommodation for teenagers refers to 8 – 11 students (two to four students per room and 1 coordinator per house).
We also have Bundrowes House, it is a very large house with 7 bedrooms in which 20 students and 2 coordinators can comfortably sit. The accommodation is three minutes by car from the main dormitories and the language school for teenagers and five minutes from the city centre. It has a beautiful view of the sea and mountains.
Where possible, our student coordinators try to create a mix of nationalities in each home to promote English language learning and cultural awareness.
All youth programs include full board.
All host families are personally known to us and offer warm Irish hospitality to all guests. Usually 1/2/3 young people are accommodated in a host family. Teenagers staying with host families have their lunch and dinner three times a week in the student accommodation with the other participants to ensure good interaction with the other participants.
Self Catering, Bed and Breakfast & Hotel Accommodation
We work closely with a number of self-catering, bed and breakfast and hotel accommodation providers. All are in close proximity to the school. Please let us know your decision and we will arrange your preferred accommodation.