The idea of teaching English in kindergarten is not new, but the discussion about it does not stop. Is it sensible and necessary that you already offer the first foreign language lessons in kindergarten?
Advantages of English lessons in kindergarten
First of all, it is important to note that English is fundamentally different in school and kindergarten: Without pressure, with a lot of curiosity and without fear of doing something wrong, the children approach the new language impartially. And it’s worth using, because
- the sensitive phase for language acquisition lies between the 7th month and the 7th year, for the phonetics between the 3rd and 5th year. After that, learning an accent-free second language is hardly possible.
- Children are curious about everything strange and approach them without fear of contact. This is how you create first contacts with another culture.
- by playing games, Songs and rhymes in English include, the children learn the language according to their level of development.
- In this phase, children quickly learn more words than ever after.
- you can immediately incorporate your first learned words into your everyday life: "When are we going to do that again?""The next time!""Ah, next time …!"
You may be interested in this free download
English in the daycare – there are difficulties
A perfect command of the English language is of course a requirement so that you can work on it with children. The following points can also make the introduction more difficult for you:
- If no one on your team speaks English so well, someone has to come to the facility who can deal well with kindergarten children.
- External employees cost money.
- English must take place at least once or twice a week and then be integrated into the daily routine of your facility.
- There is a risk that learning the language too quickly becomes school-like.
Conclusion: The advantages of early contact with a second language outweigh the benefits. Because if you plan the difficulties of the actual implementation in the whole team well, then the children will gain further suggestions for their development and your facility will gain additional profile.
Children under three
Competent strengthening and holistic support in daycare and crèche
The blog with the creative game ideas
Banners margin column pedagogy
Our AWO day care center is primarily geared towards 0-3 year olds, and for us “children under three” is the perfect support: Although we have been working with children under 3 for over 30 years, we are grateful for all the new suggestions and the practical offers from “Children under three”. So much has happened in the field of developmental psychology, in particular, that it is wonderful to always be up-to-date here. "Children under three" is a great thing!
Christel Kamprath, AWO Kita Rotkäppchen, Allstedt
I chose “Children under three” because there was hardly any professional, reliable literature on this topic. In addition to the long-term tried and tested tips and songs for the little ones, I find the developmental psychological contributions really great. The whole thing is supported by practical help such as: B. Observation sheets. As a result, I am optimally prepared for difficult discussions with parents. And on the relevant topics such as defiance and cleanliness, I always get the latest knowledge: So I sometimes copy something for our parent information wall. “Children under three” is a great support for my everyday work!
Sonja Großmann-Bott, Kindergarten under the rainbow, courtyards
There is a lot to be said for learning early English. Some well-known professors point out that the so-called time window at the age of three to five years for…
In more and more kindergartens, learning English is already part of the preschool program. Together, a new language is discovered in a playful way. You learn with…
There are families who consciously choose not to look after their children in kindergarten. Who are those people? By Lisa Harmann The house, in…
The kindergarten is an important pillar of the education system and is dedicated to the elementary level. Often the relevance of the elementary area…