Friedrichshafen on Lake Constance
Friedrichshafen – culture pearl and Zeppelin city at the upper lake
With almost 60,000 inhabitants, the county seat of Lake Constance is the second largest city on Lake Constance to Constance. Great to reach by public transport, Friedrichshafen lies at the widest point of Lake Constance. The big cultural shore and the long one, beautiful promenade offer everything you need – numerous restaurants, cafes and bars, the city also a diverse range of shopping. Friedrichshafen has some insider tips to offer – we’ll show it to you!
Your accommodation in Friedrichshafen
The popular waterfront destination is perfect for your holiday on Lake Constance. So have Friedrichshafen and its neighborhoods Ailingen, Ettenkirch, Kluftern, Raderach and Fischbach a large selection of beautiful hotels, apartments and guesthouses. If you prefer to holiday in nature, Friedrichshafen offers great campsites for you, most of which are located directly on the lake.
Attractions in Friedrichshafen
There is a lot to see in Friedrichshafen. We have put together some tips for you:
- Dornier Museum – an interesting journey through the history of aviation and space.
- Zeppelin Museum– Hindenburg is on the track and learn how an airship works.
- Castle Church – The former church of the Hofen Monastery is the landmark of the city of Friedrichshafen.
- Moleturm at the harbor – you should definitely go up here. You must not miss this view over the lake.
Leisure – There is no boredom here
Sunbathing and swimming are the best summer activities. Friedrichshafen therefore has a large one lido and several Indoor and outdoor pools, also in the city districts. If you love the adrenalin kick in the summer, you have some right on the beach Water Sports, such as banana boating or water skiing. Whether with or without a driver’s license: You can rent an electric, motor or pedal boat in the Uferstraße on the long promenade.
You want to experience a real highlight? Then you should have one Zeppelin scenic flight do. Although not cheap, but certainly a unique and exciting experience! Incidentally, vouchers for a flight with the Zeppelin are perfect as an exceptional gift idea for your loved one.
The mood of a Volleyball Bundesliga-You can enjoy the game at VfB Friedrichshafen.
Our insider tip: Mood is also traditional Seehasenfest guaranteed in July. You can not miss a big sea fireworks, big hustle and bustle, music groups, children’s program and dance in the evening.
Another great cultural event is that International Lake Constance Festival in May or June. There are many different events every year on the large grounds of Messe Friedrichshafen measure up instead of. For you this could be interesting:
- The IBO is a big spring fair in march. From the household appliance to the car you will find everything here.
- On the EUROBIKE At the end of August until the beginning of September, the international dealers present their bicycles.
- The TUNING WORLD is an international event for car tuning and lifestyle and attracts many fans annually in April / May.
- INTERBOOT is the fair for water sports enthusiasts. Here you will learn everything about this beautiful sport.
Shopping in Friedrichshafen
You can definitely go shopping in Friedrichshafen. All the usual shops, such as H&M and Co., are available. But there are not only large stores, but also smaller private boutiques. Surely you will not come home empty-handed.
Food markets are all in Friedrichshafen also all locally. You can also go shopping here on foot.
to eat and drink
Where you can end your day in Friedrichshafen culinary, we show you here:
- in the Lukullum Are you in good hands – European cuisine for the connoisseur.
- A delicious German cuisine has that Hotel Restaurant Maier – Not on the lake, but definitely worth a visit.
- The Restaurant Felders – also K42 – called is located directly on the lake promenade. Here you can not only eat very well, but also drink well on the holiday.
- You want a nice view during the meal? The Restaurant in the Zeppelin Museum has a beautiful terrace with lake view.
- Good cocktails, long drinks or just a refreshing drink – this is what the Beach Club right on the lakeshore perfect.
If you are just looking for a delicious one ice or one coffee we recommend that you stroll along the waterfront. Just choose the most beautiful place for you and enjoy your delicious ice cream or your coffee there.
Mark village on Lake Constance Markdorf – charming old town meets culinary highlights The beautiful town of Markdorf is located on the south side of…
Destinations on Lake Constance All destinations on the lake at a glance Säntis – the mountain Let your gaze wander One of the most popular destinations…
Farm on Lake Constance Holiday on the farm in the Lake Constance region Country houses on Lake Constance Farm holidays on Lake Constance are like a…
Lindau on Lake Constance Lindau – the second largest island in Lake Constance Literally, Lindau means the island where lime trees grow. The first written…