Click here for more information on sponsorship in Asia, South America and Europe.
Many children in Africa are still very poor. Basic needs such as food, housing and education are completely lacking. Many people no longer want to watch this and Godfather for a child in Africa become.
Many of the organizations for sponsorships see it the same way: Your help is most urgently needed in Africa! Therefore, there are quite a number of organizations that are exclusively one Godchild in Africa convey. Examples include Abaana Africa (Uganda) Madamfo Ghana, the West Africa Initiative Aachen (both Ghana), Mama Africa (Guinea), Harambee Germany, Patoipa (Kenya), Streetkids International (Tanzania) and The Little Pyramid Trier (Egypt).
But all large child sponsorship organizations are also active in many of the countries in Africa. It is therefore not so easy to find out which sponsorship makes sense in Africa. Our test compares all neutral and objective – you can currently become a sponsor in Africa 45 countries!
Helping a sponsored child in Africa:
- Egypt: Sponsorship at Plan International, The Little Pyramid Trier
- Algeria: Sponsors at SOS Children’s Villages
- angola: Sponsors at SOS Children’s Villages
- Equatorial Guinea: Sponsors at SOS Children’s Villages
- Ethiopia: Become a sponsor at Plan International, SOS Children’s Villages, World Vision, Compassion, Kindernothilfe
- benin: Sponsor at Plan International, SOS Children’s Villages
- Botswana: Sponsors at SOS Children’s Villages
- Burkina Faso: Become a sponsor at Plan International, SOS Children’s Villages, Compassion
- burundi: Become a sponsor at SOS Children’s Villages, World Vision
- Democratic Republic of Congo: Sponsors at SOS Children’s Villages
- Ivory Coast: Sponsors at SOS Children’s Villages
- Gambia: Sponsors at SOS Children’s Villages
- Ghana: Become a sponsor at Plan International, SOS Children’s Villages, West Africa Initiative Aachen, Compassion, Madamfo Ghana
- Guinea: Become a sponsor at Mama Afrika, Plan International
- Guinea-Bissau: Become a sponsor at Plan International, SOS Children’s Villages, ora Children’s Aid
- Cameroon: Sponsor at Plan International, SOS Children’s Villages
- Cape Verde: Sponsors at SOS Children’s Villages
- Kenya: Become a sponsor at Plan International, World Vision, Nyota, Harambee Germany, Islamic Relief, ora Kinderhilfe, Compassion, Patoipa, Kindernothilfe, Furaha
- Lesotho: Sponsors at SOS Children’s Villages
- Liberia: Sponsor Plan International, SOS Children’s Villages, Children of Africa
- Malawi: Become a sponsor at Plan International, SOS Children’s Villages, World Vision, Children’s Emergency Aid
- mali: Sponsorship at Plan International, SOS Children’s Villages, World Vision, Islamic Relief
- Mauritania: Become a sponsor at World Vision
- Morocco: Sponsors at SOS Children’s Villages
- Mozambique: Become a sponsor at Plan International, SOS Children’s Villages, World Vision
- Namibia: Sponsors at SOS Children’s Villages
- Niger: Become a sponsor at Plan International, SOS Children’s Villages, Islamic Relief
- Nigeria: Become a sponsor at Plan International
- Rwanda: Become a sponsor at Plan International, SOS Children’s Villages, ora Children’s Aid, Compassion, Children’s Emergency Aid
- Zambia: Become a sponsor at Plan International, SOS Children’s Villages, Children’s Emergency Aid
- Senegal: Become a sponsor at Plan International, World Vision
- Sierra Leone: Become a sponsor at Plan International, SOS Children’s Villages, World Vision
- Zimbabwe: Become a sponsor at Plan International, SOS Children’s Villages, World Vision
- Somalia: Sponsorship at SOS Children’s Villages, Islamic Relief
- Somaliland: Sponsors at SOS Children’s Villages
- sudan: Become a sponsor at Plan International, SOS Children’s Villages, Islamic Relief
- South Africa: Become a sponsor at Islamic Relief, Kindernothilfe
- South Sudan: Plan International is still active here, but the organization is currently not granting any new sponsorships in the country.
- swaziland: Become a sponsor at SOS Children’s Villages, World Vision, Kindernothilfe
- Tanzania: Become a sponsor at Plan International, SOS Children’s Villages, World Vision, Compassion, Streetkids International
- togo: Become a sponsor at Plan International, SOS Children’s Villages, Children’s Aid Africa, African Children, Compassion
- Chad: Become a sponsor at SOS Children’s Villages, World Vision
- Tunisia: Sponsors at SOS Children’s Villages
- Uganda: Sponsor Abaana Africa, Plan International, SOS Children’s Villages, Deaf Africa Project, Compassion, Children’s Emergency Aid
- Central African Republic: Sponsors at SOS Children’s Villages
Support with a sponsorship in Africa on site
The African continent and its inhabitants face many problems that determine people’s everyday lives. Most of all are dominant Malnutrition and hunger, which mainly affect the children. That is why many Germans decide to join Godchild in Africa to support in his life through donations. Many recognized organizations offer the opportunity to become a sponsor in Africa, mostly through financial support. This is used for everyday life and efficient school education. If you have a sponsored child in Africa, you are not only paying financial support, you also have to contact many organizations directly and stay informed about the progress of your protégé.
Various problems in Africa influence everyday life
Figures show that more than 854 million people live on the African continent, the chronically lower
are nourished. The poverty of the people living there is high, after all, 380 million people have to think less than $ 1.25 a day. It is therefore clear that a large part of the population does not have the opportunity to adequately support their everyday life or that of their family. As a result, they are dependent on the fact that they can come back to a family in Africa by sponsoring a child and thus build a secure existence.
Your help is particularly necessary in the “Sub-Saharan” areas, where the greatest poverty currently prevails. Angola and Ethiopia are particularly dependent on your help.
Sponsorships for Africa also take care of education
There are different ways to become a sponsor in Africa. Interested parties can not only take care of everyday nutrition, but can also finance training for the sponsored child. And this is exactly where there is a great opportunity for the children, which cannot be taken for granted in Africa. After all, there are 125 million children worldwide who have never seen a school class from the inside and are therefore illiterate. And the whole future is at stake, because how can someone who can’t even read signs or food labels in everyday life cover their daily needs with a well-paid job.
Experts often speak of a lost generation for whom sponsorships in Africa can be assumed here. Many of them are orphans or have to struggle through life on their own. In addition to the poor economic conditions, it is diseases such as AIDS and malaria that rob children of their parents. It is said that there are currently over 12 million AIDS orphans in sub-Saharan Africa alone. An unimaginable number, with each individual fate having its own tragedy, which can possibly be alleviated by a sponsorship in Africa. Child mortality and the life expectancy of the African population in many parts of the continent have also dropped to the level of the 1950s. Malaria kills up to three million people a year, mostly children. There is a double causality here, because due to the prevailing poverty, the affected sections of the population cannot afford countermeasures such as mosquito nets or insecticides. Conversely, many children suffering from malaria attacks cannot participate in everyday life like school. Apart from this, many of them suffer as a consequence of limited learning ability.
Support and accompany a sponsored child in Africa
If you want to remedy the misery of at least one child on the black continent, you can become a sponsor in Africa. This is especially appreciated because the donor knows exactly what his money is used for. However, there are already two options here. With some organizations, the donor has the opportunity to actually choose a sponsored child in Africa and this targeted to support. Or you can simply support the organization and thus many children who need help and support as well. Anyone who sponsors a child in Africa directly will receive reports on the child’s development at regular intervals. Sometimes there is even the option to maintain a sponsorship in Africa by letter contact and to establish personal contact. If the godfather wants, a meeting can even take place in the child’s home country. In such a case, however, it should be noted that there are usually administrative costs that are regularly deducted from the donation money for the sponsorship in Africa.
Different providers offer sponsorships in Africa
If you want to sponsor a child in Africa, you will find different providers. Some like World vision or the Kindernothilfe or the SOS sponsorship are designed to organize and arrange a sponsorship for a child in Africa. These organizations are set up in such a way that both full-time employees and secondary earners can be found there. That doesn’t have to be a negative criterion, because even with large organizations that enable many people to become sponsors in Africa, the administration and the associated apparatus can be lean and cost-effective. This ensures that the money, that for the sponsorship is donated in Africa, actually reaches the child. In addition to the organizations mentioned, it is above all World vision or UNICEF, who have made a name for themselves by offering sponsorships in Africa.
Thanks to the popularity of these organizations, there is increasing interest from people who want to become a sponsor in Africa and are looking for a reputable provider who actually supports children or children’s projects on the spot. Here provides However, the question to what extent the budget is actually spent on sponsorships in Africa and how much of the donated money is used for administration, publicity or public relations. This is different with church initiatives. They often maintain hospitals and schools, but also birth centers or agricultural training centers. Sponsorships in Africa are often offered there. Anyone who wants to sponsor a child in Africa here is usually faced with much less official forms and instead benefits from a lot of human and personal contact. Caregivers are usually in a close relationship with the children who are eligible for a sponsorship in Africa, which makes the process more transparent.
Information about a sponsorship in Africa is important
If you want to take over a sponsored child in Africa, you should get detailed information in advance. Because there are also black sheep among the donation organizations that advertise with heartbreaking stories and pictures about possible sponsorships in Africa and ask for money. If you look at the websites of the relevant organizations, you will find that reputable organizations come up with detailed information on how to become a sponsor in Africa. There you can find out how much a sponsorship in Africa costs, what the donations are used for and how you can get even more information. Only in this way is it clear that they are reputable providers. Anyone who has found out online about the possibility of supporting a sponsored child in Africa should also look for personal contact. The way in which the organization in question behaves can be an important indicator of how serious the concerns of the donation company are.
Strive for long-term engagement with the sponsored child in Africa
If you want to be on the safe side that it is a reputable provider of sponsorships in Africa, you can also look for the seal of the German Central Institute for Social Issues. This is awarded to companies that actually sponsor at least 80 percent of the donated money for projects and the respective sponsored child in Africa. For example, they have SOS Children’s Villages such a seal and thus declare yourself one of the most reputable and recognized providers if someone wants to sponsor a child in Africa. It is clear that anyone who wants to become a sponsor in Africa should do so in the long term. Such projects can only be successful if they are designed for years, possibly decades. But the idea that your own commitment to the adopted godchild in Africa enables a better future in the long term should guarantee this.
Different forms of sponsorship in Africa
It is obvious that sponsorship in Africa is always associated with strong emotions. Most choose to adopt a sponsored child in Africa. So there are corresponding feelings involved when the sponsors in this country follow the daily news and the latest developments in African countries. The personal contribution to the development opportunities in the life of the sponsored child in Africa makes it worthwhile for many to invest at the same time. Especially when in the end there is, for example, letter, telephone or even personal contact with the sponsored child.
In addition to the large organizations that enable Germans in particular to sponsor in Africa, there are also smaller institutions. For example Harambee eV., which usually arranges school sponsorships. The letter contact to the sponsor becomes a homework for the sponsored child and should motivate them to learn and to go to school. It also promotes cultural exchange even more intensely than other options for sponsorship in Africa allow. The Association of Children of Africa also offers to become a sponsor in Africa, whereby there is not only the possibility to choose a sponsored child in Africa, but also to take on project sponsorships. For the most part, these are not aimed solely at a single child, but at carrying out generally helpful measures for the entire region. Anyone who sponsors a child in Africa Mama Afrika e.V.. does not only do good for the selected child, but can also support general social goals. This small association, for example, grants school sponsorships and has also made it a matter of general action against female circumcision. Anyone sponsoring a child in Africa here will also be assured that they are properly informed. A sponsorship in Africa is always an enrichment for both parties if carefully considered and examined.
You have chosen a sponsored child, Africa is the continent of choice? Then the organizations just mentioned are definitely recommended. All of them were examined in detail in our test for a sponsorship in Africa. Some of the larger sponsorship organizations are not included for one of the following reasons:
SOS Children’s Villages is not included in the overview. You can choose to have a sponsored child in Africa when you register. However, a more specific selection at country level is not possible. Afrisol does not state in which African countries sponsorship is possible. It is not possible to select a specific country at UNICEF.
Children deserve a better future Children in many African countries do not have it easy: famine, poor hygiene, a lack…
The hunger crisis in Africa has reached dramatic proportions for the population. Millions of children in particular suffer from malnutrition and…
Morocco, Kenya, Namibia – let yourself be inspired by diverse cultures! Africa shows itself in so many facets that it is difficult to all…
Photo Dylan Walters under license CC by 2.0 Those who volunteer with orphans risk harming the cared children rather than using them. therefore…