Hartz 4 and child benefit: credit, hartz 4 – alg 2

Families with children living in Germany can as tax rebate apply for the so-called child benefit from the family fund. The amount depends on the number of children and is paid almost every year current price level customized. What special features apply to ALG-2 benefits and child benefits?

Does child benefit count towards Hartz IV? Read more about it here.

Will the child benefit actually go to Hartz-4-respect count? If so, how does child allowance count towards Hartz 4? Will one repayment of child benefit with Hartz IV reference as income considered? Read all about child benefit and Hartz 4 in the following guide.

Use the free child benefit calculator

Short & flush: The most important thing about Hartz 4 and child benefit

  1. If you receive Hartz 4, you will receive child benefit as income counted towards the standard rate.
  2. If children of age have one Entitlement to child benefit have, but no longer live in the same family, the child benefit may not be credited to the legal guardian against the standard rate if a proof about the transfer of the sum.
  3. A Child support Surcharge a Hartz 4 recipient may only be counted as current and not as a one-off income. A credit for the total up to six months is therefore inadmissible.

What is child benefit and who is entitled to the benefit?

Hartz 4 for the child: maintenance and child benefit are considered income.

Child benefit is paid in the Minimum subsistence level paid by the child and is used to exempt the parents’ income. The subsistence level relates to the child’s needs for Care and education. The child benefit is paid monthly by the family fund.

Before we get on Hartz 4 and receive child benefit, we explain in our guide who is entitled to child benefit at all. German nationals, who are domiciled or habitually resident in Germany receive child benefit under the Income Tax Act.

Foreign nationals living in Germany, for example one permanent residence permit can also be entitled to child benefit. at EU citizens and nationals of an EEA country As well as Swiss nationals, a residence in Germany is sufficient for the child benefit entitlement.

Applying for child benefit can also be challenged recognized refugees and asylum seekers. You are also entitled to child benefit under the Federal Child Allowance Act if you

  • in one Insurance requirement ratio stand by the agency for work,
  • as Development worker or missionary are active,
  • as an official one at an institution outside of Germany assigned activity exercise,
  • as a spouse or life partner of one NATO forces member live in Germany or the nationality of one EU or EEA states own or
  • employed or self – employed in Germany or. Pension under German law and live in an EU or EEA country or Switzerland.

But what does it look like when you get a Hartz 4 rate and child benefit? Will be with you Hartz-4-respect the child benefit no longer counted? Or will it child benefit subtracted from the Hartz 4 sentence? You can read more about this in the following sections.

Get Hartz 4 recipients child benefit?

In principle, child benefit can be paid in spite of Hartz 4 sought become. It is important, however, that the above requirements be fulfilled. Children must also

At Hartz 4, child benefit is counted as income and the standard rate is reduced.

  • in the first degree with the Applicant related (this also applies to adopted children),
  • the children of the spouse or registered partner or grandchildren, which the applicant in his Household included has or
  • foster children if the legal requirements are met. It can Custody and care relationship to the biological parents no longer exist.

In addition to the Hartz 4 standard rate, child benefit for children up to Completion of the age of 18 paid. Under certain conditions, the entitlement can also exist beyond. This is for example with a Training and a first degree up to the age of 25.

How much child benefit is paid for Hartz 4 benefits?

In addition to Hartz IV, the child benefit depending on the number of children paid by the family fund. The amount is adjusted almost annually to the current price development. From the January 1, 2018 Eligible parents received the following sums:

Number of Children Amount of child benefit
First child 194 euros
Second child 194 euros
Third child 200 euros
Fourth child (and all other children) 225 euros

Take care of parents, for example three children in the household, you get total 588 euros child benefit. In addition to the Hartz 4 standard rate, this sum is paid to beneficiaries. The amount of child benefit is regardless of parents’ income.

If the child benefit is counted towards Hartz 4?

Basically, child benefit is the child’s income. For this reason, there is a child benefit for Hartz 4 payments counting. The same applies to the Child Support of an eligible child. This will also count towards the relevant standard rate. To the child benefit for Hartz 4 recipients counting the relevant rule set is crucial:

relevant rule set power Authorized
332 euros non-working adults under the age of 25 in their parents’ household
316 euros Children from 14 to 17 years
296 euros Children from 6 to 13 years
240 euros Children under 6 years

Child benefit is one priority performance. If there is a claim to child benefit, it must be applied for before social benefits such as Hartz 4 or social money can be claimed. This is reduced by the priority payment of child benefit Unemployment benefit 2.

But how does this work if next to Hartz 4 and that child benefit child support also paid by the other parent, thereby exceeding the relevant standard rate? In this case, the Income surplus of the mother’s child are counted as income. However, this is only up to the Amount of child benefit possible. In addition, the child falls out of the community of needs and the income is no longer taken into account.

What applies to Hartz 4 and child benefit for adults?

Child benefit is deducted from the Hartz 4 rate?

Even for adults of one age Right to Hartz 4 and have child benefit, the credit applies as described above. However, the child no longer lives in the parental household because it is one Education or a degree completed, and the parents are Hartz 4 recipients, the child benefit does not necessarily reduce the Hartz 4 standard rate.

Child benefit is income of the children. However, this is usually sent to someone legal guardian paid. To ensure that this sum is not counted towards the standard rate for parents, beneficiaries must ensure that the children receive the money.

This can be done through a monthly payment of child benefit can be proven in the child’s account. Proof of a cash payment from the power the appropriate child is conceivable. However, it is important that the child benefit is passed on in the month of the inflow. Otherwise it can result in a Reduction of the standard rate come.

If the child benefit is deducted from the Hartz 4 payment, it will be reimbursed?

There can be different reasons for one Additional payment from child benefit give. The most common include a retroactive adjustment of child benefit or a retroactive one Application for the benefit. But how is this counted towards the Hartz 4 standard rate?

It should be noted that child benefit is a current payment and therefore a current income is. The job center may offset one-off payments over six months. According to one Judgment of the Berlin Social Court of July 8, 2016 [Az. S 63 AS 7815/16 ER] this may not happen with an additional child benefit payment.

Objection to incorrect crediting of child benefit to Hartz 4

The child center takes credit for child benefit to Hartz 4.

Wherever people work, too error made. It can also happen to a clerk in the job center that Calculation of your Hartz 4 set made a mistake. If you assume that your decision is incorrect, you can file an objection against it.

This is e.g. B. also possible if you Standard rate at Hartz 4 was drastically cut by child benefit. An objection is generally free of charge. Hartz 4 recipients can also send the decision free of charge have it checked by a lawyer.

(44 Reviews, average: 4.14 of 5)

43 thoughts on “Is the child benefit counted towards the standard rate in the case of Hartz 4? "

Hello, I used to get support from Hartz4 with my parents. My father is currently working, I am training, my mother has worked but now she is unemployed. My parents claimed the child benefit application retrospectively. Because of Hartz4, we have to return money to job centers when we get child benefit?

if you receive child benefit retrospectively for months in which you also received ALG 2, this can result in an additional payment.

Your team from hartz4hilfthartz4.de

Hello, I live half of the month with my mother (HartzIV recipient) and half with my father (self-employed). I am no longer in your community of needs, because after completing my Abitur I secure my own existence through my jobs and I have signed off from the need.

I am now 19 years old and would like to start an apprenticeship in autumn. I will continue to be half with my mother and half with my father half a month Life.
Can my father apply for child benefit for me? Or my mother has to apply for it?
The child benefit will then be deducted from the standard rate?
Can my father apply for child benefit if I live 2/3 with him and only 1/3 of the time with my mother?
Please help me clarify this.
Thank you very much.

You can apply for child benefit yourself. Contact the responsible child benefit office.

Your team from hartz4hilfthartz4.de

I was just on the page * / child benefit claim …
But they currently say, “This is a misconception: child benefit is a tax relief for the expenses that the parents incur through the children. In this respect, usually only the parents can claim this tax relief and apply accordingly. ”- Can you explain this to me .
If my son does an apprenticeship, can he or she not receive child benefit with a declaration of resignation according to ESTG § 74? Wikipedia also says something different than you … .

this is possible if your son no longer lives in your home. If the child still lives with you in the household, you can count the child benefit.

Your team from hartz4hilfthartz4.de

i am pregnant and unemployed. I have not yet applied for resin 4. Should I first apply for child benefit and then resin 4 or will it make no difference in the end in the end?

The child benefit will be deducted from your Hartz 4 earnings. But if you find a job, it would of course be practical to have already applied for child benefit. Because then it will no longer count.

The hartz4hilfthartz4.de team

Hello, I am Gabriel, I am a Harz 4 recipient and my parents (who work) have applied for child benefit and are getting this and keep it to themselves.
My question is, should I give up some of my money even though I don’t get any of it?

if you do not receive the child benefit and can also prove it, the job center must not count it.

Your team from hartz4hilfthartz4.de

Unfortunately that happened to me too. Although I can prove that I have often pointed out in writing that I would not receive child benefit, the child benefit was nevertheless credited to us for 20 months and thus reduced.
The 20 months were reduced by the ARGE to 10 months with the additional payment … and the child benefit to 164 euros instead of the 194 euros child benefit. I should have got 194 euros -204 euros for 20 months .. instead of 10 times 164 euros..
May the contract simply shorten it?
Thank you for your response

because we cannot offer legal advice, we cannot assess whether this is permissible. The best thing to do is to ask a lawyer or a social counseling center.

Your team from hartz4hilfthartz4.de

Good day.
I have received an additional payment for child benefit and now that I have been blocked for 6 months, this is legal?.
Mgf peoples

unfortunately we are not allowed to offer legal advice, only a lawyer can do this.

The hartz4hilfthartz4.de team

Have a good evening!

I have submitted an ALG II application and have the following questions:
I live with my 3 children (foster children), whom I raise alone.
My oldest is of legal age and is now studying and getting a scholarship. However, I receive child benefit for them. My two younger children are still at school.
According to the law, we do not form a need but a BUDGETARY COMMUNITY.

Since my adult age, we are no longer officially in a care relationship, but of course she still lives with me as my daughter (like millions of other children as a student with her mom).

The ARGE counted all of my child benefit as income for my first application; the following basis applies:
“If child allowance is taken into account as income, this reduces the standard rate / social allowance for children (Section 11 (1) SGB II). However, the prerequisite is that the child lives with the entitled parents in a NEEDS community. ” The income of my big daughter (child benefit) may not be counted as my income, or.

To our knowledge, in such a case there should be a community of needs, not a household. As a rule, the age of majority does not change anything as long as the child is under 25. However, it is difficult to assess individual cases like this. Also note that we cannot offer legal advice. If in doubt, ask a lawyer.

Your team from hartz4hilfthartz4.de

Hello, my daughter 19 lives with her boyfriend and works on a € 450 basis.
I am increased because I still have a 4 year old son. For two months now, the office has been charging my daughter’s child benefit, although I give it to her depending on the bar or by bank transfer. A notification that she receives it monthly is already available! But the office is still counting my child benefit?!
In the meantime I have reached the point where I no longer know how to get to work!

According to the “Ordinance on the Calculation of Income and the Non-Consideration of Income and Assets in Unemployment Benefit II / Social Benefit”, Section 1 Paragraph 1 Clause 8 is “Child benefit for children of the person in need of help, as far as it can be demonstrated that it is passed on to the child not living in the household of the person in need of help ”not to be considered as income. If in doubt, inquire with a lawyer who will also help you with any objection to the decision.

Your team from hartz4hilfthartz4.de

Hello, I am 20 years old and I have been on sick leave from the medical service for 2 years. Am I still entitled to child benefit? I get my normal standard rate (my € 416) is the child benefit offset against this? And how much money do I still have in total? Live alone in my own apartment

You should continue to receive child benefit. This is fully counted towards the Hartz 4 benefits.

Your team from hartz4hilfthartz4.de

Question: My daughter 24 years old and single mom from a 2 year old son gets Hartz4. She lives in her own apartment with her son. She starts an apprenticeship in August and we could apply for child benefit for her again. Then she has to report this to the job exchange?

Since child benefit is counted towards benefits from the job center, it should be communicated to the job center.

Your team from hartz4hilfthartz4.de

hey &# 128578;
50% of our child lives with one of the parents.
the mother is the recipient of hartz 4. the father is self-employed.
the mother has now applied for hartz4 for the child and I have applied for child benefit.
because it is a shared custody and everyone spends the same amount of time with the child and therefore also
everyone has additional costs, this division is actually logical. does that work or have I not considered something? Thanks and Greetings

it is quite possible to divide this up. In individual cases, however, it matters how many hours / days the child spends with each parent, where they have their main place of residence and whether maintenance is paid. Since we are not allowed to offer legal advice, we cannot estimate the individual situation.

Your team from hartz4hilfthartz4.de

Hello everybody.
I would have a question.
My friend is a student and has now received an additional child benefit.
Now the job center credits him with the additional payment for the next 6 months (in addition to the normal child benefit)
I’m a little confused because I read that they shouldn’t be allowed to. Is that correct?

You should consult a lawyer here, because we cannot give you legal advice, because the case is not clear. As a rule, current income such as child benefit must be counted in the month in which it accrues. One-off payments such as repayments, however, can be offset against six months if the entitlement to Hartz 4 would otherwise be suspended.

The hartz4hilfthartz4.de team

Hi, I started an apprenticeship in August and before that I also did an eqj (entry-level qualification year) with another company and before that I did other things to look for an apprenticeship. In other words, I was looking for training all the time. I didn’t get any child benefit in these months or over 1 year because I didn’t know that I was entitled to it. My question now: can I apply retrospectively? If so, will the job center credit me with this and bag the money or anything else? If not, I can at least apply for child benefit for now without the job center charging me?
To me: I’m 22 years old and live alone with mine Mrs and child.

Hello, I was granted child benefit from June 2017 (when I started receiving ALG2) until August 2018 (info: I am the child), although I did not receive any child benefit at all. It has now turned out that the family fund does not pay the child benefit to me retrospectively because all of the applications that I made were invalid (the mother’s address could not be found for months). Can I now request a back payment from the job center for the past 14 months? After all, I was credited with child benefit for this period, although I did not receive any.

Child benefit is counted as income. If you do not get this income from the family fund, the jc makes advance payments or compensates for this amount and submits a refund request to the FK. When the FK has checked and the payment is made, the amount paid out by the jc will be refunded to the jc and you will receive the future benefits from the FK. So it should be theoretically, – in practice, many mistakes are made here.
You can submit a request for a review from the job center, with the note that the credited child benefit has not actually been received. At FK you will only receive the last 6 months from the application. If your application was invalid, there might have been a hint or request from some side … I don’t know enough details about that. I am only surprised that you only realize after 14 months that you do not pay a KG: (192 euros you notice when they are missing. All the best

Good evening,
I am currently receiving four and I am also currently written by the job center psychologist. I am only 22 years old, I do not live at home and have now received an additional payment of € 1,358 from the family fund, i.e. child benefit. This was the child benefit of 7 months. How is the job center doing now? Will I be charged the full amount? I don’t really understand that with the 6 months. I am very happy about an answer. Many thanks in advance.
Sincerely yours
Laura M.

Hello, I am 22 years old, have been living alone since 2015 and get the money directly into my account. I received an apprenticeship in September 2018 and have now received a high request of around 4,400 euros. May that be and may it be counted because I live alone and I have received child benefit directly into my account. I have to pay it back?

Hello my 18 year old son recently moved out and is now living in another state.
He is currently receiving Hartz 4, he can still apply for child benefit and will get it from his standard rate

Dear Sir or Madam, we are receiving money from job centers and last month applied for child benefit. We got € 2700 from the family fund and for the next 5 months we get € 400 per month. My question: should the job center still perform? At the moment we are only getting 400 euros per month for 4 people (2 adults and 2 children).
Thanks and ahead.
Greetings from Hamburg

Hi there,
I am a Hartz IV beneficiary. The family fund unfairly sends me a claim. I raised an objection. But until I get a result, I would like to have the claim repaid in installments. That’s why I also submitted an application to the family fund. So my child benefit will decrease by 10% per month. Can this reduction be taken into account when paying the HartzIV standard rate, so that I can receive this 10% as a living allowance from the job center. If so, I should submit an application to the job center?
thank you in advance

we get ALG2, now our 14 year old daughter has started to deliver newspapers.
Your earnings of approx. 60, – will be deducted from our income, since you will get child benefits of 264, – euros.
Can I tackle it or is that right??

Hello, I am receiving Hartz V and child benefit from my son. Can the office offset and attract child benefit? Because receive less than before despite child benefit. How can I avoid that the child benefit is credited to me and is due to my son?

I live with my daughter (13 years). This is now falling out of the BG, since from 2020 it can cover your needs with interest income. From then on, probably a household. I have shared custody with my husband and at the moment 50% of the child benefit is counted towards his maintenance (which can then also be omitted).

Will I be deducted all child benefit from the H4 in the future, or only 50% because the rest is due to my husband? It makes a difference here whether we share the care 50/50 in the switch model or this is distributed differently?

If a minor child can cover its needs from its own income (e.g. interest income) and thus falls out of the BG and then there is a household, the child benefit is still offset against the ALG2 remuneration of the mother with whom the child lives?

Dear Sir or Madam,
From the end of July 19 to September I moved to Harz4 on the 28th of the month for the following month. The child benefit was always deducted. However, child benefit payments were discontinued for October. So I initially received the payment for the October from the job center, but with the child allowance offset, which was not paid to me by the child benefit fund. I then applied to the job center for payment of the difference and received part (€ 174 instead of € 204), which I still don’t understand, but well. Now I have applied for child benefit for October. If I actually get a child benefit supplement of € 204 for October and the inflow is in November, could the job center bill me retrospectively and set up a claim? I’ve been working again since the middle of October.
Thank you very much and best regards

Hello and good evening I live with my girlfriend in a community of needs with my 11 year old daughter and my 1 year old baby. I think we are being cheated by the office we have income maintenance from the father child benefit 408 parental allowance 150, – so I get transferred from the office 190 euros to my account and my girlfriend is 280 euros that can help us because someone can help me I am at a loss as we do not yet have a community of needs, each of us has something to do with the 400

Hello I get my ALG ll around September and October my child benefit and have not informed the job center because I am still new to the matter and have now received my remaining child benefit today I have to inform the job center and what happens if they see that I got money last month I have to pay something back

Hello I get ALG 2 and I have a son who will be 1 year old next month and my child benefit will be deducted every month. My friend also has a daughter of the same age and she only gets € 174 deducted instead of the full amount so she has a € 30 allowance. How can that work? Either too much is being credited to me or too little or?

Sincerely yours
And thanks in advance.

I have the following facts:

I caught up on my school on the second path of education and received ALG 2 during this time. My father (not a Hartz4 recipient) applied for child benefit directly. I did not live in a community of needs with my father (entitled to child benefit), but had my own apartment. In my ALG 2 I was credited with a “Bafög rate”. This amounted to 120 euros per month. After 2 years my father received an additional child benefit because he had not received any child benefit until then. The child benefit has not yet been paid to me. Two years have passed since then and the following questions arise:

-Who can keep the money?
-The money must be repaid?
-What to do with the child benefit supplement payment?


Like this post? Please share to your friends:
Christina Cherry
Leave a Reply

;-) :| :x :twisted: :smile: :shock: :sad: :roll: :razz: :oops: :o :mrgreen: :lol: :idea: :grin: :evil: :cry: :cool: :arrow: :???: :?: :!: