Quickly that "Get a curve"? It’s not that easy. We rummaged through our editorial system and put together the best learning tips that can be used to quickly improve grades.
Improve grades quickly? The scoyo editorial team has put together 7 effective learning tips © @ unguryanu / fotolia.de
Shortly before the end of the first half of the year, many schoolchildren excel. In the hope that the grades can be improved quickly, extra work is eagerly done, presentations are given voluntarily, oral cooperation is increased exponentially and, of course, cramming, cramming, cramming. That doesn’t sound like fun, does it? We reveal how the last weeks of the school year can go largely without learning stress or pressure:
1. The basis for improving grades: awaken learning motivation & keep you awake
The most important prerequisite for successful learning and the associated improvement in grades is your own motivation. If we are interested in a topic and deal with it on our own initiative, we learn best. Especially in times of increased pressure to perform, however, this is very rarely the case. The subject wants to be learned whether we like it or not. This demotivates and learning becomes increasingly difficult. That is why it is all the more important that children do not lose the fun of learning. This is the only way to ultimately improve the grades.
cohesion & Support is good for children: If your child has learning difficulties, investigate the causes together. An open discussion is the first and quickest step towards better grades. Take your child’s doubts and desires seriously. Give Your offspring a healthy dose of serenity and trust in their own abilities. Praise, for example, not only for good grades, but also for small successes and primarily for commitment – self-confidence gives the fountain pen wings!
2nd tip to improve grades: varied learning
Stubborn memorizing is no fun! But when is learning fun and does it really improve grades quickly? Our answer: When dry school material comes to life and students deal with the material apart from the stapler and school book.
- Learning with stories, for example, helps to understand complex learning content better.
- How about watching a film on the subject, going to the children’s museum, reading a well prepared book. Often there are many eye-opening effects here.
- Vocabulary lists or index cards do not always have to be used for language learning. Why not try something different to quickly improve your grades? With a tandem partner, for example.
- Products such as discovery boxes, educational games and computer-based forms of learning promote playful, everyday and, above all, independent learning. Mind maps, flash cards and donkey bridges leave real traces in the brain as soon as they are created. Try it; In the large variety of learning methods there is definitely something great for your child.
3. Individual learning strategies for the personal learning type
There are innumerable, creative learning tips that improve grades even more effectively if they fit the personal learning type.
The auditory learning type – learning through hearing
- Learns fastest when he hears the material, reads the text aloud or listens to someone else.
- Learning aids: learning tapes, talks, lectures, music, quiet surroundings
The visual learning type – learning by seeing
- Learns fastest when it reads information, observes action sequences and illustrates content in the form of graphics and images.
- Learning aids: books, sketches, pictures, learning posters, videos, learning files
The communicative type of learning – learning through conversations
- Learns fastest when he has discussions or conversations or has a linguistic engagement with the learning material.
- Learning aids: dialogues, discussions, study groups, question-answer games
The motor learning type – learning through movement
- The fastest way to learn is to carry out the actions themselves and to understand them in this way ("learning by doing").
- Learning aids: (rhythmic) movements, imitation, group activities, role playing
Especially when there is only a short time available, it is important to work in a learning-type-oriented manner in order to improve grades quickly.
4. Improve grades quickly with digital learning offers
Computers, tablets, smartphones & Co. are an integral part of everyday school and learning. Moving pictures, animated characters, individual learning paths and direct feedback – children are fascinated by playing and Learn with digital media and have a lot of fun doing it. Overall, the development of digital learning offers offers many opportunities to accompany students in learning, motivate them and expand their horizon of experience.
scoyo promotes explorative (discovery) learning with the help of child-friendly and everyday relevant learning stories. At the same time, students can also prepare for class work in order to quickly improve their grades.
Prepare specifically for class assignments with scoyo:
It is important that parents give their children at first steps accompanying them on the Internet and showing them how to use the medium competently and appropriately for children.
5. With a plan for better grades
If there is little time to improve your grades, a learning plan helps you to learn in a targeted manner and to concentrate fully on a particular topic.
Timetables give structure and security. Children need that now. Create a plan and integrate fixed learning times into the daily routine, the pupils have a say in when they learn best. The learning units should not take up too much time, so that your child has enough time to play. Children need regular breaks to catch their breath – this gives the brain space for new information.
As parents, make sure that your child only deals with one subject in one day and does not constantly change the subject and focus. Multitasking is a hindrance to learning.
With our child benefit calculator, you can easily calculate your entitlement to child benefit. The computer looks at your child constellation and…
The most relaxed way to learn English auditory Origin of the English learning CDs Since then there is the possibility for every household with the compact cassette…
Children are constantly discovering new things – and best of all, by playing. An expert explains how you can encourage your little one to play with…
In most schools, the first thing that children are taught is how to stroke their sternum. This is not always a good thing, because the coordination of the arm and…