Luxembourg, labor market, labor relations. Law, economy, social security, income tax, housing, mobility.
Saturday October 4, 2008
Where America was baptized "America"
19th Festival International de la Géographie (FIG) in Saint-Dié 2nd – 5th October 2008
The house where America was baptized in its name is located in Saint-Dié-des-Vosges, in the middle between Nancy in Lorraine and the Vosges mountains.
Around 1506, the canon Vautrin Lud built his printing workshop in the house of his nephew Nicolas Lud, who looks at the "pierre hardi", on which the judgments were announced publicly. The works of the scholars were then published here, which like the Luds formed the so-called "Gymnase Vosgien": the geographer Martin Waldseemüller, the scholar and poet Matthias Ringmann and the Latin specialist Jean Basin.
In 1507 they printed the little work "Cosmographiae Introductio“And a large universal map of what Europe, Asia, Africa and a fourth continent, which they called "America", were in honor of the traveler Americo Vespucci, who was the first to declare that the countries west of the Atlantic represented a new world.
Great French-American celebrations were held here in 1911 by these godfathers of America.
Friday October 3, 2008
Changed income tax in 2009
The income tax for the private households are to be reduced from 1.1.2009.
The employee allowance will be paid out in the future
As of January 1st, 2009, income tax for natural persons should only be levied on taxable income that is 9% lower.
The employee allowance should also be converted into a tax credit, similar to the child allowance from 1.1.2008. Irrespective of the amount of the tax due, € 300 will be paid directly to the taxpayer if the tax liability remains below it.
These details emerge from the current parliamentary debate on the budget for 2009.
>>> Tax Administration Newsletter of October 1, 2008
On October 1, 2008, a bill was introduced to the Chamber of Deputies amending the following previous laws:
– la loi modifiée du 4 décembre 1967 concernant l’impôt sur le revenu;
– la loi modifiée du 16 octobre 1934 sur l’évaluation des biens et valeurs;
– la loi modifiée du 1er décembre 1936 sur l’impôt commercial communal;
– la loi modifiée du 23 décembre 2005 portant introduction d’une retenue à la source libératoire sur certains intérêts produits par l’épargne mobilière;
– la loi modifiée du 24 décembre 1996 portant introduction d’une bonification d’impôt sur le revenu en cas d’embauchage de chômeurs;
– la loi modifiée du 27 novembre 1933 concernant le recouvrement des contributions directes, des droits d’accise sur l’eau-de-vie et des cotisations d’assurance sociale;
– la loi modifiée du 17 avril 1964 portant reorganization de l’administration des contributions directes;
– la loi modifiée du 5 avril 1993 relative au secteur bancaire;
– la loi modifiée du 22 décembre 2006 promouvant le maintien dans l’emploi et définissant des mesures spéciales en matière de sécurité sociale et de politique de l’environnement;
– la loi modifiée du 9 juillet 1937 concernant l’impôt sur les assurances;
– la loi modifiée du 21 avril 1928 sur les associations et les fondations sans but lucratif.
The most important points can be summarized as follows:
1. The tax rate for natural persons is reduced linearly by 9%.
2. In future, natural persons will receive three types of tax bonuses (crédit d’impôt), which will either count towards the tax liability or be paid out in cash.
The employee allowance is replaced by a Tax bonus for employees (le crédit d’impôt pour salariés); corresponding to that for pensioner (le crédit d’impôt pour pensionnés) and for single Father (le crédit d’impôt monoparental).
The previous tax-exempt amounts corresponding to these are thus abolished.
3. The through the building societies Any credit interest paid is exempt from income tax.
4. The child bonus will be paid out monthly in the future.
5. The education allowance, called "Mammerent“Is exempt from income tax.
6. The Income tax for businesses is in a first stage of 22% 21% reduced.
7. The withholding tax rate for the dividends distributed to the parent companies is set to 0% if the parent company is located in a country with which a corresponding agreement exists.
8. The rules for determining the business profit have been adjusted to the balance sheet rules.
9. domain name From the tax year 2008 onwards are expressly considered to be rights for which a reduction of the income tax from intellectual property is partially possible. Such rights are also exempt from property tax.
10. The vehicle tax (la taxe automobile sur les véhicules automoteurs) for cars that are used for the transport of people (except buses and taxis), companies can no longer deduct from the tax.
11. The patronage and the donate natural and legal persons are encouraged by doubling the tax-deductible amounts, by crediting the initial payment by the founder when establishing a foundation, as well as by taking it into account in the business tax.
12. The tax bonus for companies that have a Hire unemployed, is increased from 10% to 15% for three years.
The only advantage: cross-border commuters get into traffic jams faster!
Luxembourg’s environmental movement (Mouvement Ecologique) is reacting violently to the new Ministry of Construction bill. As is known, it provides for three lanes to be built on the motorway between Arlon and Bettembourg.
This multi-year construction measure stands as a single measure completely in a vacuum or starts its political career as a failure as a shot from the hip.
Because the necessary traffic plan is still missing (as usual in Luxembourg, you have to say!). This is not only political unreasonableness, but also violates EU-wide planning law or that with such large-scale projects. But: If you plan in Luxembourg, then afterwards! And then at some point those affected will be heard.
Mouvement Ecologique asbl. :
With new roads in the transport-political dead end!
New roads instead of an overall transport policy strategy
With complete lack of understanding, the Mouvement Ecologique takes note of current developments in transport policy.
It should be noted that the draft of the sectoral plan "Mobility", which is being created as part of the state planning, is still not available, despite several announcements. Without giving reasons, the presentation of the plan was postponed again and again. This is despite being identified as a priority for this government. As is known, the plan is intended to represent an overall concept for the further development of the transport system: how public transport is expanded and
organized, which development of the road network should be based on it, how gentle forms of mobility should be promoted, etc..
In view of the huge problems that currently arise in the mobility sector, i.a. also in connection with the border regions, the current deferral of this sectoral plan (like the other plans – housing construction, activity or landscape protection zones to which there is a direct link) is absolutely irresponsible.
Completely detached from this missing overall strategy and in contrast to our country’s climate protection goals, the Minister of Building has now announced that he will deposit his legislative project for the expansion of the A3 / A6 in this legislative period. According to EU legislation, such a procedure is hardly legally possible, as the opportunity of the project has yet to be demonstrated and an environmental impact assessment must be carried out with the citizens’ hearing. Apart from
The Mouvement Ecologique categorically opposes these procedural objections to this expansion, for two main reasons:
– All experience shows that new roads and a further expansion of the road network have so far only led to more traffic and traffic jams have not been reduced in the medium term, but rather have increased elsewhere. The only supposed advantage of an expansion: commuters, etc. from the border regions get into the traffic jam faster!
– According to the Minister of Construction, the expansion should be completed in 10 years at the earliest. That just at the time when the peripheral stations are to be completed. That means: parallel to the expansion of public transport, the road network should compete with it again!
In contrast to all official statements (sustainability plan, climate protection strategy …), the government, like others before it, is again pursuing the classic double strategy:
Expansion of public transport infrastructure … and at the same time a substantial expansion of the infrastructure of private transport.
Accordingly, the government’s multi-year financial plan also lists expenditure of EUR 109,672,635 for the expansion of the A3, but also cheerfully lists other roads, such as the "Transversale Clervaux", the Bascharager ring road …
This longstanding double strategy has led to the current fiasco in the transport sector at the expense of public transport. Close your eyes and keep it up ?! In any case, the desired modal split of 25% public transport will not be achieved.
However, a "hearing", which the Ministry of Building on 11. October organized under the motto "Fir e performanten a sixer Stroosseréseau". Detached from the fact that an organizational form that is packed with input presentations can hardly be called "hearing", two key lectures demonstrate the spirit behind it:
"Notre réseau routier et ses capacités" with the director of the road construction administration as speakers …
It should be clear what the key message of the lecture will be: due to capacity problems
Luxembourg more streets! The building administration systematically pursues its strategy to implement further road construction projects in the sense of “Route2020”. The sectoral plan should call this one-sided thinking into question… A presentation by an office on the topic of “Charges de trafic et goulots d’étranglement” hits the same line. Again, you don’t need a lot of imagination to know what this is about …
Transport policy in Luxembourg: everything as usual!
Does Minister of Transport L. Lux really like this nasty road construction administration tactic? Why does Construction Minister Cl. Wiseler – as a member of the government committed to the overall regional planning strategy – the approach of the road construction administration? Why this seminar in this form?
With the current transport policy of the Ministry of Construction, the state planning is simply pulling the ground away from under your feet! Here again, sectoral interests prevail at the expense of sustainable overall development – also at the mobility level!
If the government wants to maintain an approach of credibility, it should:
– have the planned road construction hearing canceled at short notice;
– subject the expansion of the A3 / A6 to a critical analysis as part of the sectoral plan before making any further statements;
– finally put the sectoral plans on the table and an adversarial public one
Bochum researchers calculate a significantly higher risk of poverty for single parents and families than in previous studies. The basis is a new method,…
Kindergarten teacher Vienna 22 on January 14, 2020 Kindergarten teacher wanted for a kindergarten group. Kindergarten teacher (30-40h / week) full time,…
Measures to save energy costs Solution for Tuesday It’s not like this: If you are pious, you can freely look up. But you are…
Lauenforde. In the municipality of Lauenförde, three important questions have been on the agenda of the municipal council in recent months. He had these questions…