Private health insurance children 2020
If one Private health insurance for children depends on various factors. As a rule, the family situation is decisive – that is, whether parents are privately insured or are members of the statutory health insurance funds. If the latter scenario is the case, it is very likely that the next generation will also be insured in the statutory health insurance (GKV) – via non-contributory family insurance. This can be done in the context of mixed insurance within the family Insure children privately consider and consider as an alternative.
Children’s private health insurance: the quick overview
- GKV family insurance free of charge
- Access is difficult for children with privately insured parents
- Parents’ income crucial
- High-earners take over child insurance
- Retirement provision does not apply to children
- Dental performance and visual aids are important
1. Private or statutory: What options do I have for my child?
Children, like adults, must have health insurance. However, since they cannot take out their own insurance, they are usually insured with a parent. If both parents are covered by statutory health insurance (GKV), the family insurance covers the offspring. Once a parent is privately insured, the situation looks more complex.
Income decides here. If the legally insured parent earns more, the child can be included in the family insurance. If the situation is the other way round and the income of the private insured person is higher than the JAEG, the only remaining options are:
- GKV as a voluntary member
- insure the child privately
These two options are identical to the situation in families where both parents are private patients.
Admission requirement: Parents can insist on private health insurance
If it is already clear during pregnancy that the newborn is privately insured, Section 198 VVG applies. The child supplementary insurance grants parents a special status at this point because the insurer cannot exercise some rights for admission. In the case of private health insurance, the child must be admitted, without a health check or a risk premium applies.
On the recording forced for babies, parents can ensure that their child is privately insured at a very early stage. However, the condition is that a parent already privately insured for three months and the application is made within the first two months after the birth.
In addition, these rights can only be asserted if the child is insured in the parents’ tariff (equal benefits). If the children’s PKV is taken out through another insurer, there is no additional insurance.
Children’s PKV: Usually low premiums
Even if parents decide against supplementary insurance and a new private health insurance for children, the premiums are usually lower. There are several reasons for this. The age of entry is clearly noticeable here. In addition, the state of health at birth is often different from that of an adult applicant.
The fact that children:
- do not need daily sickness benefits
- be classified in tariffs without provisions for old age
In principle, parents should rethink the service portfolio. Various services from the areas:
- teeth cleaning
- Hospital Cash
Are not up to subordinate relevance for private children. You can save with an optimally tailored private health insurance children’s tariff.
2. The best tariff for children
With regard to the best private health insurance, adults have clear ideas for themselves. It is questionable whether these also fit the offspring. If parents are looking for appropriate tariffs, there are two questions: Benefits and private health insurance costs. Covering your own tariff with other benefits can pay off. A model insured person shows what the parents will face.
Example calculation: What should parents expect??
- Age: 6 years
- Start of insurance: February 1, 2020
- Primary doctor principle
- 100 percent reimbursement for medical treatment, dental treatment
- 100 percent reimbursement for medicines, bandages and medicines
- 80 percent refund for dentures & orthodontics
- Visual aid: 100 euros / 3 years
|tariff||SB / year||mon. Post *|
|Kids fit||–||154.30 euros|
* The values shown are for illustration purposes only, the values cannot be guaranteed.
To hold practical results in your hands via the tariff calculator, mistakes are to be avoided.
3. Insurance comparison: an overview of the results
The signs for tests and ratings are similar to the private health insurance family. The German Society for Consumer Studies mbH carried out a test on 20 private health insurers in December 2018, including checking the “Tariffs & conditions ".
In the case of the tariffs, the performance of the tariffs and the amount of the monthly contribution were checked. They got the same top score uniVersa health insurance as well as the Hanse Merkur. They achieved a result of 82 percent (2.2, good).
The third place Old Oldenburg bet with 81 percent (2.3, good). The three insurers were able to convince in the test with both the benefits and the contribution costs.
Parents can also go to Franke & Research Bornberg ratings for various insurers and tariffs, which are checked in basic, middle class and premium protection and evaluated in a rating system.
4. Checklist: What distinguishes a good PKV?
If you want to insure your child privately, you are looking for a private health insurance tariff. The market offers potential here. Some good insurers offer services that are tailored to the needs of adolescents. Without a checklist, the overview threatens to be lost.
- Benefits for children: This point is particularly important here. Children make their own demands on the PKV. Parents have to think about what is particularly important for their offspring.
- reliability: Does the PKV pay that Rooming-in? Do you have to argue about the glasses again? Whatever insurance company you have to ask yourself these questions, private health insurance for children does not seem to be the right thing. So it is better to look for the right health insurance directly.
- Price-performance ratio: Insurers also differ in terms of calculation in the area of children’s tariffs. It pays to pay attention to the differences in the contribution of a private health insurance company that looks good at first.
- Post stability: Even if the premiums for children are calculated differently – adjustments are always annoying. Parents are well advised to monitor the economic development of insurers.
- prevention: The development of children should be medically – through precautionary measures – to be accompanied. An efficient tariff must always include these aspects without compromise.
- Accessibility / Service: Quick contact and competent help are important for both questions about insurance coverage and reimbursements. This is especially true when families with their parents are on vacation and something happens.
- reimbursement: A fast reimbursement of the bills This is included in the adult tariffs – and can also be demanded in the children’s PKV. Good insurers have developed appropriate case management.
Those who want to assert themselves against the good insurance companies cannot simply rest on their benefits. Children in particular have their own needs – and these are very important to parents. For the front runner, it ultimately depends on what the overall picture looks like.
Private health insurance for children Private children have to pay their own monthly contributions for each child. There is no non-contributory family…
Child insurance as a single child insurance in a private health insurance Private child health insurance – save without family insurance! Classic family…
Supplementary health insurance for children Thats what our customers say Supplementary health insurance for children If the little son or daughter is…
Private liability insurance – When are children insured?? As a parent, you not only want to optimally insure yourself, but also one good protection for…