Project is a project management software. Project provides an overview of project work, schedules and finances. This version of Project cannot be connected to a Project Server and therefore cannot be integrated with a Microsoft Enterprise Project Management (EPM) solution. Organizations that require these features must use Project Professional.
Software Assurance for 24 months included.
This page lists the current versions of the software that are available through Microsoft Donation and Microsoft Special Conditions from Stifter-helfen.
Change installation of Office 2019
Please note: All Office 2019 suites and individual applications, including Visio and Project, can no longer be downloaded directly from the VLSC. Starting with Office 2019, all Office products available through volume licenses will use Click-to-Run technology instead of traditional Windows Installer technology. To download and install these products, IT administrators can use a special deployment tool from Microsoft.
Office 2019 Download and Installation Has Changed
Please note that all Office 2019 suites and individual applications, including Visio and Project, can no longer be downloaded directly through the VLSC. Beginning with Office 2019, all Office products available through volume licensing use Click-to-Run technology instead of the traditional Windows Installer technology. To download and install these products, IT administrators can use a special deployment tool from Microsoft.
If your organization has an IT administrator, you can provide them with Microsoft’s instructions to download and install Office 2019 applications via the special deployment tool.
Project is project management software. It enables managers to stay informed and control project work, schedules, and finances. This version of Project cannot be connected to Project Server and integrated into the Microsoft Enterprise Project Management (EPM) solution. Organizations that need these capabilities must use Project Professional.
This offer provides one license for installing the software on a single device. See a summary of Volume Licensing Product Terms for specific licensing details.
Which Versions of This Software Are Available?
You can choose to download the current version or the previous version of this software. You can find out which version is the current one on the Current Versions of Microsoft Products page. In addition, you can download the software in any language that’s available.
Benefits for Organizations
If you understand project management concepts, you can use Project to schedule tasks, allocate resources, track progress, and share project information. Project can be used for both large and small projects.
- Automatic or manual scheduling: Project’s scheduling engine can forecast the date of a task based on various factors, like dependencies, duration, and constraints. If automatic calculations aren’t required, the user-controlled scheduling option allows for complete scheduling control in a given project, overriding the scheduling engine as well as allowing fields to be empty for uncertainties in planning.
- Team Planner: The Team Planner allows users to visually drag and drop resources in an interactive resource view to simplify complex resource scenarios. Users can quickly spot unassigned or unscheduled work as well as overload conditions.
- Timeline View: An easy-to-read graphical project timeline can be shared with others through email or in presentations while retaining its formatting.
Important Volume Licensing Information
With Office suites and applications, you can choose between two types of volume license keys for product activation: a Key Management Service (KMS) license key or a Multiple Activation Key (MAK). You will be provided with both types of keys on the Microsoft Volume Licensing website.
Obtaining This Product
Installing this product requires you to download the software from the Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC) and enter a license key. You can download any available version or language for your product.
The license key allows you to install the product on as many computers as you have received licenses for. This quantity is specified in the email you receive from Stifter-helfen after you request this product.
Expect two emails:
- When your request has been approved, Stifter-helfen will send a message to your organization email address. This email will confirm the number of licenses you have requested and provide information about how to use the VLSC once Microsoft accepts your license agreement. Make sure the email address in your organization details is up to date by visiting your account.
- Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organization to the VLSC. This email will indicate that Microsoft has accepted your license agreement. After you receive this email, you’ll be able to follow the steps in the first email you received from Stifter-helfen to obtain your product through the VLSC.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.