Science from an early age – promoting young talent in Bremen
Source: Fotolia / Sergiy Bykhunenko
Excellent science is no coincidence – it begins with the targeted promotion of young people. The universities in the state of Bremen have explicitly committed themselves to this specific funding. Whether with the Children’s University, the merger MINTforum Bremen or that DLR_School_Lab Bremen – There are already numerous offers for school-age children that encourage people to participate, think and do research!
Carrying out experiments in laboratories, programming for the first time or sniffing university air – the Bremen science landscape offers exciting funding opportunities for children and young people.
Offers for the holidays
There is so much to discover during the holidays! Offers lasting one or more days take children and young people into the world of science.
- The Children’s university at the University of Bremenis aimed at children aged eight to twelve years. In the lecture program, researchers from the University of Bremen clearly explain what inspires them in their field. In addition, the participants independently work on topics from mathematics, nature and engineering, space research and archeology in 29 laboratories and workshops. In the Children’s university at Bremerhaven University of Applied Sciencesprofessors also give child-friendly lectures on current scientific topics.
- The INSIGHT project of the University of Bremen offers prospective students the opportunity to get to know courses in the fields of science, mathematics and technology during the Easter holidays. Trial lectures and conversations with students and teachers help with the decision to study.
- The University of Bremen summer academy inspires enthusiasm for science and technology. For a week, high school students experiment with renowned scientists and investigate research questions.
- STEM academy of the Bremen University of Applied Sciences: The Bremen University of Applied Sciences invites students in grades 7 through 12 to get to know the Bremen University of Applied Sciences for three days. The program ranges from a flight simulation to a visit to the Olbers planetarium to the development of games.
- The Talent School of the Frauenhofer IFAM is a three-day workshop offering for technically interested young people from 10th grade to high school. Together with experienced scientists, problems are solved theoretically and practically.
- The Jacobs University organizes this together with the Association of German Engineers Summer camp for 10th to 13th grade students. Young people from different countries come together in the camp to take part in workshops and excursions. The topics range from protecting the environment to democracy.
Hamburg sights for young people Insider tips for young people – activities in Hamburg Here are a few tips on where to find attractions for young people…
RESET.org Environmental and nature protection – children and young people participate Environmental protection is not only a concern of adults – children…
Discover hamburg for young people, hamburg tourism
Hamburg for young people Discover Hamburg’s highlights for young people! The maritime flair at the Landungsbrücken, the Reeperbahn entertainment mile and…
Christmas stories Stories for young and old! Christmas stories – for children and adults Welcome to the world of Christmas stories. But these stories can…