Recommendations for families with large and small children
When you discover Rügen, the view of adults is different from that of children.
Adults can enjoy the beautiful landscape, the avenues, the white city of Putbus, panoramic views, spa architecture and much more.
Children want to experience something, be active, discover the island with all their senses such as touching, listening, feeling, tasting.
Tips for younger guests: island map
Some tips for children between 5 and 14 years old
taken from an article by Karin B. Hanser (DIE WELT, 10/29/2005)
- The children would rather roll the chestnuts in their hands and stuff them into baggy pockets, conquer the chalk cliffs, collect flints and search for thunderbolts, those fossilized, primeval squid in the chalk quarries of Jasmund.
- When you climb the tower of the Granitz hunting lodge, you don’t want to admire the overwhelming panoramic view over the whole of Rügen to Stralsund and Greifswald, but rather count the steps of the cast iron spiral staircase (namely 154), or play "Who-is-as-" first-up ".
- Let the offspring play the tour guide once and Rügen emerge from the map as an amazing adventure. Discover the island from a child’s perspective.
- Instead, collect flints on the Jasmunder bank, search for fossils under guidance in the new National Park Center Königsstuhl and in the flint fields in the nature reserve "Schmale Heide".
- Riding, archery and sword fighting practice on southeast Rügen as well as on the Heuferienhof in Altkamp in the biosphere reserve (there are at least 16 other riding stables).
- A cutter trip from Sassnitz along the steep coast to the 118 meter high Königsstuhl, because you from the ship best admire the Wissower Klinken and chat with the captain.
- Visit the 90-meter British submarine "Otus" in the city harbor of Sassnitz.
- Knead and bake pretzels at Bauer Lange, yard no. 37, in Lieschow near the island of Ummanz or at the Kliewe adventure farm with petting animals and riding ponies.
- The family-friendly experience museum "Museum to touch" (1995-2006) from the former museum mile Prora was reopened in January 2010 in the Putbus Museum
- Stand with your feet in the Baltic Sea and play on the beach (you can choose from 56 kilometers of sandy beach, 27 kilometers of natural beach and three kilometers of Bodden beach).
- When the weather is bad, there are still the large fun and leisure pools Erlebniswelt SPLASH in Neddesitz on the Jasmund peninsula, the water world AHOI RÜGEN in the Baltic Sea resort of Sellin with a 100-meter-long water slide and fog and laser effects, the Binz thermal baths in the Seehotel and the Vitamar in IFA Holiday Park Rügen in Binz and last but not least in the Hanseatic city of Stralsund the amusement park and swimming paradise for families HanseDom.
A family vacation can also look like this. The children will never forget him.
And here one island map with many attractions for the children
Vacation search Usedom at a glance Discover the sun island If you want to spend your next family vacation on a sun island, you have to have your own…
Vacation Search Discovering Greece with the Family On your family vacation you want beach and fun, but also a bit of culture and…
Find cheap offers for your Crete vacation with children now. The sunny island of Crete is an ideal travel destination for families with children. Because on the…
Holidays in Croatia with children The varied Croatia is an ideal travel destination for family holidays with children and definitely a trip…