Safety requirements for scaffolding
Working at height brings with it some risks for the craftsman, but also for passers-by. To make scaffolding work safe, there are various requirements that must be met when setting up and using scaffolding. These are defined in various sets of rules, an inspection of the scaffolding before use by a specialist for occupational safety or another suitable person ensures that the scaffolding has been erected in accordance with current regulations.
Scaffolders at work © goodluz, fotolia.com
Rules for the facade scaffolding – overview
The measures for the safety of scaffolding are specified in the Technical Rule for Operational Safety (TRBS) 2121, Part 1. The rule contains the following points in particular:
- Before the scaffolding is erected, the entrepreneur has to do one risk assessment make. Among other things, it checks whether there are any hazardous systems in the area of the scaffolding. These can be, for example, electrical systems, pipelines, shafts or unsustainable components.
- For scaffolding, the stability be detected. When using system scaffolding, there is generally a general building inspectorate approval; scaffolding that does not conform to the standard version can only be used with proof of stability.
- For the assembly and disassembly of the scaffolding, one must installation instructions be created, which contains the most important information on scaffolding and dismantling. These include, for example, scaffolding type, load and width classes, dimensions, anchoring and environmental influences.
- A separate one is required for use plan be created, including any restrictions on use contains.
- The scaffold must be accessible through secure entrances. In the case of smaller scaffolds, these are special and secured scaffold stairs or ladders; lifts or transport platforms are possible for large scaffolds.
- Every scaffold needs one fall Protection in the form of a side protection that prevents slipping under the railing rail. The railing itself and the toe boards attached to the covering are also part of the fall protection system.
Scaffold with fall protection and safety scaffold © Hermann, fotolia.com
Furthermore, during the erection, it must be ensured that the scaffolding stands securely at all times. For this purpose, the finished scaffolding components are successively anchored to the facade. Also important: only qualified personnel may one Build scaffolding.
Scaffolding: Anchoring to the facade must be sufficient stable his
Use our free offer service: Compare prices from scaffolding specialists and save up to 30 percent
Safety standards in scaffolding
The regulations relevant for scaffolding are defined in many regulations.
Observe standards and building law © Zerbor, fotolia.com
The following regulations and technical rules apply to this area:
- ArbSchG Labor Protection Act
- TRBS 2121 Risk of injury to people from falls – General requirements
- TRBS 2121 Part 1 Danger to persons from falling – provision and use of scaffolding
- BGV C 22 accident prevention regulation "construction work"
- BGI 663 Instructions for the Dealing with Working and protective scaffolding
- DIN 4426 Facilities for the maintenance of structures – Safety requirements for workplaces and traffic routes – Planning and execution
- ATV DIN 18451 VOB Procurement and Contract Regulations for Construction Work – Part C: General Technical Contractual Conditions for Construction Work (ATV): Scaffolding A
Quite sensible: A private accident insurance / Image: Nina Buday / Shutterstock Children usually live in the everyday life quite inexperienced. she…
Parents usually educate their kids to a certain extent the way they raise themselves [. ] Usually parents raise their kids up to one…
Heilbronn – A city is redesigning the Federal Garden Show 2019, educational campus and experimenta 2 locations – 1 exhibition Aedes Architekturforum, Berlin…
Supposedly simple movements also result from a complicated interplay of muscles, nerves and parts of the brain. The numerous…