Treatment of gum disease
It is estimated that 350-500 different bacteria live in the mouth. Many of them are harmless, but some can aggressively attack / inflame the gums, called gingivitis. If left untreated, periodontitis can develop. In the case of periodontitis, the tooth holding apparatus is also attacked.
Causes of gum disease
- No optimal oral hygiene
- General diseases (e.g. diabetes mellitus)
- Irritation factors in the mouth (e.g. protruding crown / filling margins)
- Stress / unbalanced diet
- Smoking increases the risk of getting sick
- Genetic factors
How do I recognize periodontitis / inflammation of the tooth structure??
- reddened gums
- Bad breath and / periodic bleeding gums
- purulent discharge when pressed on the gums
- Change in tooth position
- Loosening of teeth and retracting gums
Use the cash benefit
The fund pays the bill once every 2 years arodontalen creening Index (PSI), an examination that can be used to detect periodontitis even in the early stages.
The pocket depths are measured in the PSI examination. From a pocket depth of 3.5 mm, the treatment of periodontitis is a cash benefit.