These vitamins make the apple an ideal snack

These vitamins make the apple an ideal snack

17.09.2019, 15:33 | sd, jb,, hs

  • sharing
  • pin
  • Twitter Print
  • emails
  • editorial office

Every child knows that there are many minerals in apples. What also makes him so healthy and from which suffering he can protect, is not quite so well known. Here you can learn more about its ingredients.

Overview of the

Apples are among the most popular types of fruit. Each head eats about 30 kilograms of the sweet to sour fruit. Another reason could also be its good reputation due to the old English proverb “An apple a day keeps the doctor away”. An apple consists of 85 percent water. But the remaining 15 percent have it all.

These vitamins are in the apple

An apple contains numerous vitamins, minerals and trace elements. Important vitamins in apples are among others:

The biggest mistakes on the subject of nutrition

Photo series with 9 pictures
  • provitamin A
  • Vitamin B1
  • vitamin B2
  • Vitamin B6
  • vitamin C
  • vitamin E

Anyone who eats an apple also absorbs niacin and folic acid.

The nutrients contained in an apple can vary depending on the variety and degree of ripeness. If you eat an unpeeled apple, you will consume about 52 calories.

Apples are so healthy

Apples contain valuable minerals, trace elements and fibre such as pectin, which lowers cholesterol levels and removes harmful substances from the body.

Catechins, which are secondary plant substances, can protect against bronchial and lung diseases. Flavonoids and carotenoids protect the cells in the body from free radicals and reduce the risk of cancer.

The fruit acid of the apple destroys bacteria in the mouth and prevents the formation of tartar.

InfoWhy the juice of the apple is good for the intestines and can also play a role in the prevention of colon cancer, read here.

Apples contain many valuable substances and can be a good contribution to your daily diet. However, the diet should be balanced and contain more fruit and vegetables.

Should you eat apples with peel?

Up to 70 percent of the vitamins in the apple are in the skin or directly below it: The skin of an apple contains about five to 35 milligrams of vitamin C, depending on the variety. Therefore, you should not peel apples before eating, but wash them thoroughly.

Info: You should also wash packaged fruit and vegetables before eating them. You can find out why here.

The shell also contains a lot of iron, magnesium, unsaturated fats and bioactive substances.

Should we eat the core?

Vitamins are not only in the shell, but also inside the apple. However, the apple kernels contain prussic acid. However, the toxic substance is only present there in harmless quantities, but it gives the apple a bitter aroma.

If you don’t like the bitter taste, you can dispose of the core in the organic waste bin.

Apple varieties: Fruit scientists assume that in the 19th and 20th centuries there were at least 2,000 to 3,000 apple varieties in German-speaking countries. (Source: Zhorzh2008/Getty Images)

Old apple varieties are particularly healthy

The many nutrients are good reasons to bite a crunchy apple again. The old apple varieties are particularly rich in healthy ingredients.

  • Alkmene,
  • Boskoop,
  • Cox Orange,
  • Gravensteiner,
  • Goldparmäne and
  • Red Jonathan.

With newer varieties such as Braeburn, Elstar, Fuji or Gala, the healthy ingredients were bred out to a large extent in favour of the sweet taste.

Even if the old apple varieties are so healthy, only a few of them end up in our shopping basket. Out of about 20,000 different varieties in the world, only 20 are grown for commercial purposes.

  • sharing
  • pin
  • Twitter Print
  • emails
  • editorial office

Dear Readers,

Unfortunately, we cannot provide you with a comment area for all articles. You can find out more about this in the statement of the editor-in-chief.

An overview of current reader debates can be found here.

You are also welcome to discuss our articles on Facebook and Twitter.

Like this post? Please share to your friends:
Christina Cherry
Leave a Reply

;-) :| :x :twisted: :smile: :shock: :sad: :roll: :razz: :oops: :o :mrgreen: :lol: :idea: :grin: :evil: :cry: :cool: :arrow: :???: :?: :!: