Top 25 funny english films for kids Child: Women’s magazine January 2020
Female V >
If you and your family love movies, you would probably agree that there is no better way to spend time together. And with the kids involved, the movie you see must be the type everyone enjoys. Confused? Well, don’t be! Momjunction is here to help you. Below we list top English films for children that convey beautiful and meaningful messages not only to the children but to the whole family. So, engage your kids with these wonderful films that you would probably enjoy in the end.
Funny english films for kids:
Here are some of the best children’s English films you should definitely watch:
1. Charlotte’s Web:
Charlotte’s Web is the best English film for kids made in 1973. It was originally taken from the book of the same name by the author E. B. White.
- The story is about a spider named Charlotte, who is very smart and spins a web of words to save a pig named Wilbur.
- The love and sacrifice Charlotte shows Wilbur makes him feel special and love.
- The film will teach your child the meaning of love, friendship and kindness. It also teaches how important it is to be there for something you think is important.
- The music in the film is also very nice and will appeal to children.
2. Hachiko A Dog Stories:
Hachiko A dog story is a film based on a true event that happened to a dog and its master.
- The film is about Professor Parker Wilson, who one day accidentally finds a puppy who has been abandoned at the train station near his home. He takes it home for the night and plans to take it back and return it to the owner the next day.
- However, if no one shows up, Professor Wilson and his family decide to keep the puppy with them.
- Soon the puppy becomes a very important part of the professor’s family and is a family member.
- To this day there is a statue of the dog Hachiko at the station, where he was found and where he sat on his master.
3. Monsters, Inc .:
Monsters Inc. is not really a scary movie, but rather a cute and fun movie that will make your kids laugh.
- The idea behind the film is based on the thought of whether there really is a monster under your child’s bed.
- The film is about the blue-furry monster Sulley and the one-eyed monster named Mike, who is also Sulley’s assistant.
- Both work in the world of monsters known as Monsters Inc and their job is to collect the screams from children, the more screams they get, the better the monster world will work.
- When Sulley meets a little girl who is not afraid of him, everything in Monster’s Inc. gets out of control.
4. The Harry Potter series:
The Harry Potter series is a classic film series that you can introduce your children to at different ages.
- It is based on the well-respected book series of the same name by the author J. K. Rowling.
- The story is about a little boy named Harry Potter who lives in sad conditions with his uncle and aunt. He is released from their cruel behavior by the wizarding world, which claims that Harry is part of them.
- The film is about boarding schools, school sports, school friendships, witches, magicians, magical creatures and much more.
- Start showing Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone for ages seven and up, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets for ages eight and up, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban for ages ten and up, and the rest for kids from 12 years.
5. Finds Nemo:
Finding Nemo is the story of Nemo, a fish child who does not listen to his father and is taken away from the safe world he has known so far.
- The film was made in 2003 and is about Nemo going on an adventure while trying to return to his father.
- Nemo is a small fish who lives with his father but likes to rummage around. One day when he doesn’t listen to his father again, divers catch him and take him away.
- While his father is trying to reach him, Nemo also tries many different ways to get back to his father and meets many new characters along the way.
Hugo is a film that was made in 2011.
- The film Hugo is based on the book The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick.
- The film tells the story of a little boy named Hugo who wants to uncover his father’s secret.
- In trying to understand the answer to the mystery, he is transforming both his own life and that of others.
7th miracle on 34th street:
Miracle On 34th Street is a 1947 classic film.
- It is the story of a man dressed as Santa and entertaining children in a department store.
- It’s also the story of a nine year old girl who thinks you should always be nice and kind to those around you.
The film Annie was released in 1982 and is set in the 1930s.
- It is the story of a little girl who lives in an orphanage.
- Little Annie has to cause a lot of trouble because of a very cruel woman named Miss Hannigan.
- However, it seems that Annie will have a better life if a nice rich lady chooses Annie to live with her.
9. Mary Poppins:
Mary Poppins is based on the books by P.L. Travers.
- It tells the story of a banker’s father and his two children who are very naughty.
- To manage the children, he hires a nanny who also has magical and mysterious properties that the children love.
Paddington is a 2015 film.
- Based on the book of the same name, Paddington tells the story of the young Peruvian bear called Paddington.
- He was sent into the city by his grandmother and tried to find a home to stay.
- When he is lost, he is taken in by a family with two children and their parents.
- Everything looks perfect until a museum taxi driver discovers it and wants to capture it.
Halloween films for children:
Here is our list of good Halloween movies for kids that are fun and scary:
The film is suitable for children from 6 years.
A popular children’s horror book by Neil Gaiman inspired the film.
The film is about Coraline, who is unhappy and lonely in the new house she moved to with her parents.
One day she discovers a hidden door where she finds more caring and attentive versions of her parents! The little girl is torn between her feelings for her real parents and the hidden version she discovers.
What happens when Coraline is caught by these seemingly loving new parents? Can she escape and save her real parents? One of the best Halloween movies for kids.
2. It’s the big pumpkin, Charlie Brown:
It is a popular short film.
The pumpkin is the star here when Linus waits in the pumpkin field with hope and anticipation.
The film also has a lot of fun elements like costume, trick or treatment, shaking apple and more.
It is an ideal watch for children from the age of four.
Can Halloween come with a secret? This Halloween movie for kids comes with a secret.
Marnie Piper loves Halloween, but her mother doesn’t want her to celebrate the festival.
Things turn when the audience finds out that the mother is a witch!
During her grandmother’s visit, Marnie decides to take her to Halloweentown.
The film is an ideal watch for children who are at least seven years old.
4. The witches:
What if your child suddenly encounters a group of intrigued witches?
Lukas is on a bathing trip with his grandmother. He stumbles across a group of scheming witches who are planning to kill all of the children.
He tries to stop them. But it’s hard for him because they make him a mouse!
It is an ideal watch for children ages eight and up.
If your child finds his younger sibling annoying, this movie will be the perfect watch for him.
Sarah is fed up with her little brother and wants the goblins to take him away.
The goblin king takes her little brother away and holds him in a maze.
Sarah only has 13 hours to find her little brother.
The film is suitable for children older than eight years.
Christmas themed films for children
Here is our list of classic children’s Christmas films of all time that your kids will absolutely love, and you too:
1. A Charlie Brown Christmas:
- The film A Charlie Brown Christmas revolves around the character Charlie Brown and shows the different ups and downs in Charlie Brown’s life.
- The film shows the true feeling of Christmas as it has become a commercial thing in those times.
- In the beginning, Charlie Brown is sad that Christmas has become more of a job for people, but soon there are several things that will make Charlie Brown happy again.
- The film also has wonderful music that your children will absolutely enjoy.
2. The Nightmare Before Christmas:
- The movie The Nightmare Before Christmas is not really a scary movie, but a scary movie that will also make your children laugh and enjoy.
- It is a stop motion animation film and is based on a poem by Tim Burton.
- The Christmas film for kids is about Halloween’s pumpkin king, Jack Skellington, who got bored doing the same thing over and over again.
- Now Jack discovers Christmastown and plans something else. He decides to kidnap Santa Claus and make things exciting.
- The Nightmare Before Christmas is a fun film that combines the best of the spirit of Halloween and the joy of Christmas.
3. Santa Claus:
- The film Santa Claus is about a father who is upset because his ex-wife told her son that Santa Claus is not a real person at all.
- On Christmas Eve, when the father reads to his son the night before Christmas, he hears someone who seems to be climbing on the roof.
- It is actually Santa Claus who is scared when the father calls and falls. When Santa Claus disappears, he leaves his sleigh with the eight reindeers.
- Now that Santa Claus is gone, the father has to take his place and do what Santa Claus does for Christmas by handing out gifts to all the children in the world.
4. Arthur Christmas:
- Arthur Christmas is about the character who has the same name as Arthur Christmas.
- Arthur lives with Santa Claus at the North Pole and it is his responsibility to ensure that all children in the world receive their Christmas gifts on time.
- The film aims to answer the most frequently asked question children around the world have about Christmas – how does Santa manage to give gifts to all children around the world on the same day?
5. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation:
- National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation is an extremely funny film about the character Clark Griswold.
- All Clark wants is a simple and traditional Christmas party with his family.
- But instead everything seems to be in order and nothing seems to work for him as he planned.
- Clark’s brother comes up and parks his RV in the driveway, which creates many problems, while his cat is electrocuted with the wires that light up the Christmas tree.
- With so much going on and so much drama happening, it seems that Clark doesn’t really have the calm, traditional, and simple Christmas season he hoped for.
Best Family Vacation Movies:
We are usually overwhelmed and often undecided about what activities we need to deal with to strengthen our bond. Here is a compilation of some of the most popular family vacation movies.
1. Home alone:
Released in 1990, the film became a box office hit and is still one of the most popular family films.
- It is the story of a little boy who is left at home while the other members of his family go to France. This eight-year-old boy then guards his house against some reckless burglars.
- The film is popular for its tickling joke and is best seen with the whole family.
2. Children Of Heaven:
This is an Iranian family drama released in 1997. The film is about a brother-sister duo. When the story begins, the brother accidentally loses his sister’s shoes.
- Afraid to share the incident with their parents, who are already going through major financial crises, the two plan to share their brother’s shoes.
- The story was knitted very well and the children’s artists did a commendable job.
3. The Adventures Of Tintin:
The 2011 release contains the story of a brave reporter, Tintin and Captain Haddock. In the course of the film, the two embark on an exciting treasure hunt in a sunken ship commanded by Haddock’s ancestors.
- This computer animated 3D motion capture adventure film has a fascinating plot that is sure to keep you on screen until the end.
- The film is based on the famous comic series of the same name. If you and your family are watching exciting adventure films, this is a must for you.
The film is about a baby pig that grows up in a farm and wants to be a German shepherd. His dream will come true?
- The film is set in a farm and the kids will have a ball to see the different animals that live on the farm.
- A heart-warming holiday film for all ages. This film teaches children the value of dreaming and following what you believe.
5. Polar Express:
The Polar Express is a computer animated Christmas film that tells the story of a child who has great doubts about Christmas.
- On Christmas Eve, a boy finds a train on his doorstep. He was invited to take a trip on the Polar Express!
- Does he get on the train? Yes, he does … watch the film to accompany him on his fascinating adventure.
Make sure you watch the above films with your kids to relive the joys of young and innocent life.
Moms, do you have any favorite films that kids can see that you think are excluded? Add it to the list here.
Speech salad: Funny tongue twisters for children How can I help my child develop his language skills and enjoy speaking and storytelling? Many parents…
The best Christmas films: From funny to romantic – these are our recommendations For big and small The most beautiful films at Christmas time December…
Best Snow Boots For Your Kids Reviews 2018 | Other: Women’s magazine January 2020 Female V > When it comes to children, we see parents as more…
The most beautiful Christmas films for children The most beautiful Christmas films for children December 20, 2012 – 1:12 p.m. Janine likes to watch the…