Veneers from Mönchengladbach – for naturally beautiful teeth
An attractive solution primarily for anterior teeth is the treatment with veneers and non-prep veneers, which we offer in our practice of dentist Dr. med. dent. Nima Pakravan in Mönchengladbach. Veneers are wafer-thin veneers made of ceramic, which are glued to the teeth in a very gentle way. These veneers can be used to achieve perfect visual aesthetics.
Thus, teeth with damaged function or aesthetics, such as small malpositions or permanent discolorations, can be gently and painlessly corrected and teeth perceived as too small or wide disappear behind the veneers. A gentle and lasting improvement of the teeth as well as straight teeth are thus possible. Due to the natural light refraction of the ceramic, the result always looks natural and the veneers are indistinguishable from your own teeth.
Areas of application are for example:
- The six anterior teeth in the upper jaw have priority
- Splintered or broken teeth
- Malpositions and too large gaps in the snow >Veneers allow a full replacement of the natural tooth substance, because the substance is only minimally removed from the affected teeth. The ceramic shells have the great advantage of being break-proof and discoloration-proof, so that they convince with their long durability. Also the thermal conductivity of the teeth remains constant due to the high-quality ceramic, so that the teeth do not become more temperature-sensitive as a rule and a natural tooth feeling exists.
- Non-prep veneers are also ceramic veneers that are glued to the teeth. In contrast to veneers, no tooth substance is removed and the shells are bonded to the teeth naturally. But for this a healthy tooth substance must be given. There must also be a certain tooth position so that the ceramic shells can be attached to the teeth without further measures.
We offer both versions in our practice in the centre of Mönchengladbach.
Arrange a consultation appointment
The course of treatment
As a rule, a short treatment period of 2 weeks is planned for a dental restoration with veneers. Of course, this can vary slightly depending on the effort involved.
- The prerequisite is a clean and healthy mouth. Therefore, a thorough and professional tooth cleaning will be carried out at the beginning, existing caries will be treated and, if necessary, older fillings will be replaced.
- In preparation, the shape and colour of the teeth are discussed with a dental technician and visually presented to the patient in a wax-up (individually made model).
- Next, the wax-up is used to remove the determined tooth substance. The veneers are then fabricated in the dental laboratory by means of a subsequent dental impression. Until completion, the patient receives temporary plastic veneers. If non-prep veneers are fabricated in the patient, there is no need to remove the substance.
- Finally, the finished veneers are tried on and, after consultation with the patient, permanently applied to the teeth by gluing the wafer-thin ceramic shells onto the previously prepared teeth.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who are veneers suitable for?
Veneers are generally suitable for anyone who is not completely satisfied with their given teeth. This can be due to permanent discoloration, small malpositions and gaps or the existing shape of the teeth. However, all this can be easily and painlessly corrected with veneers.
Patients who grind their teeth should be careful. Here the dentist has to decide individually whether a treatment with veneers is reasonable and if necessary a bite splint has to be made for the night for protection.
Which tooth correction treatment is right for me?
Nowadays there are various possibilities to correct existing blemishes of the teeth. From bleaching to veneers to invisible correction splints. Which method is right for you depends on your desired result. If, as explained above, you wish to have minor tooth damage corrected in terms of function or aesthetics, veneers are the right solution. However, in the case of larger misalignments of the teeth, an invisible correction splint is recommended.
If you are only interested in teeth whitening, bleaching in the dentist’s office or to take home is the quickest and right solution for you.
We will be happy to advise you on the various options and work with you to find the right solution.
Durability and cost of veneers
Veneers as well as dental bridges or crowns made of ceramic have a very long durability and have to be replaced on average after 10 years at the earliest.
A thorough oral hygiene at home and regular professional dental cleaning by your dentist can prolong the durability and beauty of the veneers. You should also regularly visit your dentist for dental check-ups in order to further increase the durability of your veneers.
Unfortunately, the statutory health insurances do not subsidise veneer treatment. The exact costs depend on the effort and number of ceramic shells required. For rough orientation, a restoration from 700 € and for non-prep veneers from 500 € per veneer is possible. The costs include not only the dental performance but also the high quality material. The ceramic shells have a maximum layer thickness of 0.5 mm and promise perfect visual aesthetics. Due to their biocompatibility there is no risk of allergies.
You will receive a detailed statement of costs from us with your treatment and cost plan after an initial consultation.