All parents are aware of the fact that the child must take his interests into account when designing the walls in the room. Another question is what means and techniques can be used to make the baby, preschooler, or teenager, feel comfortable in the nursery. In the article we will design the walls […]
All parents are aware of the fact that the child must take his interests into account when designing the walls in the room. Another question is what means and techniques can be used to make the baby, preschooler, or teenager, feel comfortable in the nursery. In the article we will discuss the design of the walls in the children’s room.
- How do you make the small world unique and natural? Attention to the walls
- Wall decoration in the children’s room
- Build walls with your own hands in the nursery
- Color as a way to correct behavior or to calm a fidget
- Contrast Wall: Creation Rules
- To please a teenager? It’s easy!
- Useful tips for decorating walls in a child’s room
How do you make the small world unique and natural? Attention to the walls
There are several components that together create a harmonious environment in each room. Children’s exclusion is not, so parents’ attention should be riveted on several points:
- Textiles and various small things;
- color solution.
It is clear that the floor should be warm and non-slip, in addition to the window you need additional light sources, and was in the room itself where you can rest, play and study. With such an abundance of objects, additional decoration of the walls is often not appreciated.
What do you see in most children’s rooms? Wallpaper: with pictures or contrasting, painted walls. But they can be made more interesting, unusual, and even evolving.
Wall decoration in the children’s room
Nobody calls in principle to issue wallpapers. But a wall can become a real window into the magical world. This can be done in several ways.
- Painted colors. It’s not the easiest option, but it doesn’t limit your imagination. Favorite picture from a children’s book, the plot of your favorite cartoon, fairytale landscapes of existing planets, jungles or a fun farm with all of its residents – a professional artist simply takes on a children’s room wall. The cost of materials will be enthusiastic looking at the child, based on the history of the picture, a million fantasies and games will be repaid.
You can save if the city has an educational institution with an art department. Students will be happy to do such additional work. In this case you have to create a sketch in advance and describe your wishes in detail.
- It is much easier to paint stenciled walls. The shops offer every theme: animals, toys, flora, butterflies, clouds and geometric shapes. Depending on the age of the child, it will be easy to choose the right topic and style. Letters of the alphabet or numbers can be drawn in the part of the wall where the desk is; Pyramids, cubes or dolls adorn a corner with toys; Stars, Clouds, hearts and flowers fit well into the rest area and sleep.
Make a wall with children’s drawings
- Self-adhesive drawings are not that diverse, but you can try combining stickers from different collections. Then, next to the miracle tree on which the flowers bloomed and the fruits had ripened, funny animals will run and birds will rise in the clouds. A rainbow can be from the edge to the edge, and candy and gifts sweat from the clouds instead of raindrops! If the child is big enough, involve him and her in choosing the stickers and sticking them. You can also order a print of children’s pictures to decorate the walls, this will appeal to young artists.
- Wall murals are an easy way to open a window in a fairy tale. Among the many topics there is a suitable opportunity for boys and girls of all ages and hobbies. Young artists will appreciate the look of wall murals that you have to color yourself. Again, there is a lesson for the non-participation and development of your talent and original facility that no one can ever repeat.
- All children love to draw, so expensive wallpapers are not suitable for children – there is always a chance that the creative beginning will prevail, and the child will make his own adjustments to the drawing and color. In such cases, part of the wall in the children’s room can always be designed as a drawing board. You can make it yourself from a plywood board and paint it with bright colors, and then hang sheets of it with coloring books or blank paper. There is also a special imitation of the school board – black wallpaper with a special coating that can be washed several times. With such an easel, art can be easily removed with a damp sponge.
Build walls with your own hands in the nursery
Liked motifs can be embodied in the original disguise. This option is suitable for creative personalities, of whom there are always many parents.
- Wood is a popular story among children. The branches that look not only on the wall but also on the ceiling look original. Deciduous and fruit trees, small shrubs or cherry blossoms – you can choose what you want. Under the leaves, it is good to plant small, ready-made birds (which are sold in craft stores or flower shops) or silhouettes of Ptah made from felt to cut. Fathers shouldn’t be wrong: you can put a garland with small lamps in the branches, and at night the little ones will light fireflies.
- Fabric, paper, cardboard with proper zeal are transformed into a wonderful tree, or you can use a real dry branch as a trunk. Then the decoration will come alive and voluminous, and the baby will be much more interesting to know the world. Some details can be made removable and the panel becomes a development aid. If you change the color of the foliage, remove it and make snow drifts – you can study the seasons on an improvised calendar.
- Embroidery is an art that many mothers and grandmothers master. An interesting frame for finished work can not serve baguettes, but hoops. They come in different shapes and sizes, and embroidery in them is easy to insert and remove. Change pictures and send them easily and quickly for washing as needed. You don’t have to be able to embroider to decorate a wall with a wonderful panel. You can tie a lace fabric, knitted napkins or bright colored remains in the hoop. Such "pictures" are no worse than others. Fabrics can easily be turned into lush flower buds, and folded handkerchief turns into a kite.
- Garlands can be typed out of paper or fabric. Hearts, raindrops, flowers, butterflies look cute and please both children and preschoolers. Garlands made from small knitting napkins are another idea to decorate the wall.
- Letter fashion with the name of the child has come to us from western countries. Why not use a wonderful experience? Application or volume letters made of paper mache, foam blankets, glued with a cloth – you can use any improvised means.
Before you start creating a decor, you need to choose the color of the walls and choose contrasting materials for the panel or frame.
Color as a way to correct behavior or to calm a fidget
- It is difficult for excitable children to concentrate on any type of activity. In order to arrange the game, the learning process and the daily regime, the walls in the children’s room should have light tones.
- The main argument against the white color in the nursery is impracticality. But if you choose washable cover variants and properly organize places for creative self-fulfillment, the snow-white walls play a role. You will calm down, create an atmosphere of appeasement and lightness.
- That the room is not like a faceless, sterile room must have white color accents. And the child has to focus on a variety of topics. The snow-white interior should be light spots. At most it can be murals, shelves with colorful toys and books, original sconces, colorful carpets, stand with children’s drawings – "alive" you choose any option on a light surface
- White wallpapers or colors visually expand the room so that you prefer them in a small room. To enhance the effect, the flooring is chosen for saturated dark tones.
- A staunch opponent of white can watch wallpaper pastel tones. Inconspicuous figure will distract attention, and strikes him, you can use textiles in bed or on the windows: the print in the same style and a little expression in the shadow.
- Dilute the neutral color of the walls can be decorated, colorful carpet on the bed, pillow or bedspread. Another advantage of the light wallpaper will open when the child grows up: on such a clean canvas it is much easier to create a new design, and textiles with bears and flowers are even easier to replace.
Contrast Wall: Creation Rules
Put an accent on one of the walls – a favorite of all designers. This practice applies to all rooms without exception, and the kitchen and bathroom are no exception. When choosing this method, it is important to remember that the wall can be highlighted not only in color, but also in a pattern or texture.
- The surface at the head of the bed is mostly considered an accent, especially when done in the shape of a niche. And don’t worry that bright colors or colorful patterns will distract from the calm. Each wall can be different, everything depends on the arrangement of the furniture and personal preferences.
The original decision >To please a teenager? It’s easy!
Adolescent habits change dramatically, priorities are shifted to the side that adults are not always willing to accept and appreciate. But when it comes to decorating the walls, you can come to a mutually beneficial agreement.
- Shelves with toys are no longer required, textbooks and school items do not take up much space, the wall surface is free for creative self-expression. Taking into account the needs of the child, you can insert a wallpaper with a calm color scheme or a bright interior for those who want to be in good shape to make it as much as possible.
- Neutral shades have already been taken into account and the principle of their use does not change with age. It is much more interesting, the interests of an adult son or an adult daughter to follow:
- paint one of the graffiti walls;
- set abstract patterns;
- Glue part of the space with posters and posters of your favorite films.
Brick walls with elements of partially fallen plaster:
- Communication pipes (may play the role of improvised shelves);
- Careless drawings that teenagers often leave in abandoned buildings;
- old, as if spoiled by time posters – all this is a necessary entourage of the loft.
Wall decoration in a child’s photo
Don’t forget that this direction requires space, as otherwise small spaces are more like an unrepaired storage space than a stylish and modern space.
"I want purple wallpaper!" Or how can you fulfill the child’s wishes without sacrificing wallet and perception?
- Consult with the owner of the room, which was three years old, it is necessary. Don’t grab your head right away if your favorite color is black, red, or acid green. A reasonable compromise will always be found. You can make small color accents in the scale that the child likes.
- For example, you can buy stickers that are close in color and stick them to the wall as a single composition. As an alternative solution, bright frames are suitable for photographs or reproductions, a drawing board or notes that are also attached to the walls.
Useful tips for decorating walls in a child’s room
The choice of materials for wall finishing should always be associated with certainty: non-toxic colors, breathable wallpaper. In the pursuit of environmental friendliness, you should not pay too much. Paper wallpapers are safe and inexpensive.
- In the children’s room, preference is given to all options that can easily be repaired or replaced without affecting the family budget. There is still some color left after painting the walls. You don’t have to have it, you may have to eliminate the child’s first steps in painting.
- If you decide on the color choice, then you should use universal basic shades – gray and white. No one will prohibit making a room pink for a girl and blue for a child boy, but such decisions are no longer relevant. But the white or gray color of any saturation is well combined with yellow, orange, pink and any other cheerful hue. Turquoise and cream can also be selected if there are no specific preferences.
- The arrangement of the color accents should be based on the following ratio: 80/20. Most surfaces have a basic color, and a wall and part of the decor are contrasting.
- Wallpaper painting is an alternative to simply painting walls. You can change colors often, which is very convenient for the budget and saves time on repairs.
- Book shelves in several rows all over the wall or neat little shelves made by the Pope can decorate the interior and serve as a practical solution for storing toys.
When decorating walls in a child’s room, there are always many options. This article describes only a few areas that can be developed and supplemented at will and financial opportunities. It is only necessary to start and ideas will not keep you waiting.
Hello dear parents! Dear prospective customers! Here you can find out what you can do for your child in his child’s living space so that he feels comfortable….
– Category: Mini Interior. I am asked again and again: How can I furnish a small children’s room really nicely? So that the room is optimal…
Every child who is framed for a toddler or schoolchild must be filled with light. Children’s room is a versatile and multifunctional room….
Children love bright colors. Not only toys, furniture and clothing can often not be colorful enough. Also tolerate the walls in the children’s room…