Work – travel, work – travel – ask – answer

ask & Answers – Work & Travel:

Go on a big trip with a small wallet!

1. Why should I work & Travel?

At work & Travel you can go on a long trip with relatively little money and a light backpack and experience unforgettable adventures. You work in the most beautiful places in the world and discover foreign cultures and wonderful people. Many of the activities that you do through the country are organized either yourself or with many new international friends. Friendships that often last a lifetime. Possible makes this is the Working Holiday Visa, which you can apply for quickly and easily.

educational doc -tip. Work & Travel is the crash school for life – say the returnees. You decide how you want to live every day. You work to live – not like in Germany: life to work. And in the end you will be enriched with a great life experience: you stand there, have almost nothing left and are totally happy. Do not give up this experience as long as it is feasible for you (in terms of age)!

2. How does work & Travel?

There are two ways to work & To make travel:

1. You can contact an agency that will advise and support you, including: information on visas, flight bookings, accommodation, help with job searches, account setup and tax transfer. If it is your first major stay abroad, a reputable agency also offers you the necessary security. Agencies also offer a "supervised" week, i.e. Transfer from the airport to the accommodation, all-day information event and free nights in the hostel – immediate connection with work & Travelers from all over the world included.

2. You organize everything alone. That means an increased expenditure of time and organization, but also more experience that you gain from it. You learn to plan better, you have more responsibility and you save money.

educational doc -tip. Let yourself be inspired by our podcast for the year abroad after school (including work & Travel).

3. In which countries can I work & Travel?

Basis for “work & Travel ”are agreements between Germany and the corresponding countries. These agreements allow the traveler to legally start any job. The basis for this is the Working Holiday Visa. Traditional working holiday countries are Australia, New Zealand and Canada. However, the visa for Canada has become a lottery because there are only around 4,500 working holiday visas for Germany each year, and these will be also raffled over the whole (!) year. This means that planning is no longer possible.

Other countries are USA (for students only), Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Israel, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, Singapore and Hong Kong. In the metropolitan areas of Asian countries you will be able to communicate with English. However, if you travel through these countries and do not have sufficient knowledge of the local language, it will be difficult or impossible to work and thus earn money.

4. What jobs are there and how much is paid??

Jobs: Typical temporary jobs are harvesting, animal care, construction, factory or administration, catering and hospitality, animation and travel companions. The jobs you work in depend on your language skills and qualifications, but also – not insignificantly – on your attitude to work. There are countless job offers, especially in traditional countries. You can see the current offers on site or online.

merit: Before you leave, find out about the average hourly wages in the country. I.d.R. you can make a living and travel on with the money. However, this depends on your requirements and the type of travel. For security, you should always have extra money with you. You can also shift the focus to travel and feed on the fruits that grow on the trees along the way. There is fresh water from the stream. What does that mean: You decide for yourself every day what your day should look like. Work & You design travel 100% yourself. No other person is to blame if it doesn’t work!

educational doc -Note. The better your language skills are, the better your chances of getting a job on site. If you are unsure about your language skills, take an online test or register for the language course on site.

5. Can I take a language course before my departure or in the target country?

Basically yes! If you organize the trip yourself, you can take a language course at home or on site. We recommend it on site as the language courses are often cheaper and the teachers are native speakers. You can also take advantage of the on-site language course to acclimatize, get used to the new environment. If you do your program through an agency, they will organize the language course for you on site.

6. What about the Working Hol >

You can apply for a WHV quickly and easily if you are between 18 and 30 years old (Australia, Canada up to 35 years). The WHV is only awarded once in a lifetime – per country. It enables you to finance a longer stay abroad (usually one year) through jobs. The WHV for the desired country must be applied for through the embassy itself.

educational doc -Note. Note that there are country-specific features, including Financial proof upon entry, flight tickets, international health insurance. If you apply for the WHV online (AUS / NZ only possible online), a credit card number must be available.

7. When and how do I apply to an agency??

Work & Travel programs can be booked at any time – even at short notice. There are no admission criteria and fixed application deadlines. Once you have found a reputable agency, get advice first. If you are sufficiently informed, you can register with the agency online. You get access to the work & Traveler community and can exchange ideas with them in advance of your departure. Get insider tips, you may already be able to plan a route through the country. But don’t plan in general, because something always comes in between! Your agency will support you with visas and flights.

8. I get to Work after school & Travel continues child benefit?

The domestic child benefit / family fund decides on child benefit. Basically, you have to prove that you are doing something that is very important for your later professional career, for example language classes. Then it might work with the child benefit.


Like this post? Please share to your friends:
Christina Cherry
Leave a Reply

;-) :| :x :twisted: :smile: :shock: :sad: :roll: :razz: :oops: :o :mrgreen: :lol: :idea: :grin: :evil: :cry: :cool: :arrow: :???: :?: :!: