The fee for the issue of the sticker at the official issuing offices is 5.00 euro.
What else should I know?
For more information, visit the website of the federal ministry of transport and digital infrastructure.
Who can i contact?
- To any registration office or
- To any body authorized to carry out emissions tests (e.g. TuV, dekra, GTu, KuS and FSP, car workshops).
Responsible offices in kiel
- §§ 40, 47 law on protection against harmful effects on the environment caused by air pollution, noise, vibrations and similar processes (federal immission control act – bimschg),
- Thirty-fifth Ordinance on the Implementation of the Federal Immission Control Act (Ordinance on the Marking of Motor Vehicles with a Low Contribution to Pollution – 35. Bimschv),
- §§ 41, 45 road traffic regulations (stvo),
- Ordinance on the Registration of Vehicles for Road Traffic (Fahrzeug-zulassungsverordnung – FZV).
What is it about?
In march 2007, the new regulation on the marking of low-polluting vehicles came into force.
This ordinance is related to the establishment of environmental zones and regulates the marking of vehicles with so-called "fine dust stickers" according to defined pollutant groups. Only vehicles with the corresponding new sticker on the windshield are allowed to drive in designated environmental zones. Environmental zones can be restricted to individual pollutant groups. This applies not only to through traffic, but also to the vehicles of residents in environmental zones. The ordinance applies to all passenger cars and commercial vehicles, regardless of the type of drive (with internal combustion engines – gasoline, diesel or gas – and with electric drive). Vehicles registered abroad also require the sticker in order to be allowed to enter environmental zones. This label for low-emission vehicles is intended to help reduce fine dust pollution, especially in urban areas.
The red, yellow and green plates each correspond to a pollutant group:
- Green badge = pollutant group 4:
Motor vehicles with the lowest particle or pollutant emissions, such as motor vehicles with the latest diesel technology and all motor vehicles with gasoline engines that have a regulated catalytic converter. In addition, vehicles that are not powered by an internal combustion engine (e.g. electric vehicles, fuel cell vehicles).
- Yellow sticker = pollutant group 3:
diesel passenger cars with emission key numbers (ESN) 30, 31, 36, 37, 42, 44 to 52, 72 and diesel commercial vehicles with ESN 34, 44, 54, 70, 71
Red badge = pollutant group 2:
Diesel passenger cars with emission key numbers (ESN) 25 to 29, 35, 41, 71 and diesel commercial vehicles with ESN 20, 21, 22, 33, 43, 53, 60, 61
- No sticker = pollution group 1:
Vehicles with a lower classification cannot be issued a sticker at all.
- mobile machinery and equipment,
- working machines,
- Agricultural and forestry tractors,
- Two- and three-wheeled motor vehicles,
- ambulances, medical vehicles with appropriate identification on duty for medical care of the population,
- motor vehicles used or driven by persons who are exceptionally disabled, helpless or blind and who are marked with the symbol "ag", "H", "bl" prove in the severely handicapped certificate,
- Vehicles for which special rights can be claimed in accordance with § 35 of the road traffic regulations (stvo),
- Vehicles of non-German troops in the context of military cooperation,
- Civilian vehicles on behalf of the German armed forces for journeys that cannot be postponed for the performance of sovereign tasks,
- Oldtimer (according to § 2 nr. 22 of the vehicle registration ordinance-FZV), which has a distinguishing license plate in accordance with § 9 para. 1 or § 17 FZV, as well as vehicles registered in another member state of the european union, another party to the agreement on the european economic area or turkey, if they meet equivalent requirements. The license plates of vehicles covered by this exemption and registered in germany end with an H. In the case of red license plates, the number after the distinguishing letter of the registration district begins with 07.
In special, justified cases, the responsible road traffic authority (in whose district the environmental zone is located) may, upon request, grant temporary exemptions from the traffic prohibitions associated with the environmental zone.
Notes for kiel:
there is currently no environmental zone in the city of kiel, so no fine dust sticker is required here.
The 3G rule and the mask requirement apply in all municipal administration buildings.
Only vaccinated, recovered or with a negative test certificate (not older than 24 hours) are allowed to enter and use the services. This will be checked randomly on site.
Exceptions are children up to school age and underage students who are tested regularly during school and people who cannot be vaccinated and tested due to severe physical, mental or psychological impairments (the certificate must be presented).
Questions about the administration and the regulations on corona in kiel can be answered by the city at [email protected] .
This service belongs to the category
bank account& postal address
Foerder savings bank
DE03 2105 0170 0000 1000 16
Please do not forget to state the purpose of your transfer as well as the cash code (for example 01000900. -001-1) or to indicate the invoice number (for example 5904001000). Thank you.
Postal address of the city administration:
state capital of kiel
post office box 1152
The number that knows everything
Monday to friday 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
you have moved to kiel and have not yet re-registered your car? You have questions about marriage, parental benefit or building a house? where can i get my passport?
For this, there is a telephone number that knows everything: 115 – the uniform authority number.