The fee for the issue of the sticker at the official issuing offices is 5.00 euro.
What else should I know?
For more information, visit the website of the federal ministry of transport and digital infrastructure.
Who can i contact?
- To any registration office or
- To any body authorized to carry out emissions tests (e.g. TuV, dekra, GTu, KuS and FSP, car workshops).
Responsible offices in kiel
- §§ 40, 47 law on protection against harmful effects on the environment caused by air pollution, noise, vibrations and similar processes (federal immission control act – bimschg),
- Thirty-fifth Ordinance on the Implementation of the Federal Immission Control Act (Ordinance on the Marking of Motor Vehicles with a Low Contribution to Pollution – 35. Bimschv),
- §§ 41, 45 road traffic regulations (stvo),
- Ordinance on the Registration of Vehicles for Road Traffic (Fahrzeug-zulassungsverordnung – FZV).
What is it about?
In march 2007, the new regulation on the marking of low-polluting vehicles came into force.
This ordinance is related to the establishment of environmental zones and regulates the marking of vehicles with so-called "fine dust stickers" according to defined pollutant groups. Only vehicles with the corresponding new sticker on the windshield are allowed to drive in designated environmental zones. Environmental zones can be restricted to individual pollutant groups. This applies not only to through traffic, but also to the vehicles of residents in environmental zones. The ordinance applies to all passenger cars and commercial vehicles, regardless of the type of drive (with internal combustion engines – gasoline, diesel or gas – and with electric drive). Vehicles registered abroad also require the sticker in order to be allowed to enter environmental zones. This label for low-emission vehicles is intended to help reduce fine dust pollution, especially in urban areas.