Sabine Schrör is a freelance author for the NetDoktor medical editorial team. She studied business administration and public relations in Cologne. As a freelance editor, she has been at home in a wide range of industries for more than 15 years. Health is one of her favorite topics.
How often should you his Wash hair? Daily, twice a week or less often? With conventional shampoo, natural washing substances or alone with water? Is it even better not to wash your hair at all? Read here whether and how often washing your hair is recommended and how your hair right to wash.
Hair Wash – How To Do It Right
- Comb your hair before washing. For example, you can remove hairspray residues in advance.
- Use a hair shampoo that is tailored to your hair type. Also make sure that the pH of the shampoo corresponds to that of the skin, i.e. around 5.5.
- Moisten the hair with lukewarm water and massage a small portion of shampoo into the scalp with circular movements. Then rinse the hair thoroughly. Avoid large amounts of shampoo and excessively hot water. Shampooing once is sufficient for normal hair care.
- Colored shampoos are often used for colored or bleached hair so that the color does not change – but they usually do not protect against fading.
- After washing the hair, press out the hair with both hands and wrap it in a towel. Don’t rub your hair dry. It is best to air dry your hair. If possible, use a coarse-toothed comb for combing.
- If you blow dry, you should only use moderately warm air. Blow drying too hot and too long dries out the hair and changes the hair structure. Always keep the hair dryer at least 15 centimeters away from your head.
How often should you wash your hair??
Daily hair washing is part of natural body care for many people. But washing your hair every day causes your scalp and hair to dry out and become brittle. If your scalp is extremely dry anyway, you should wash your hair less often. You can wash oily hair more often. If you use a mild shampoo to wash your hair, such as a baby shampoo, you can even do it every day.
Do not wash hair at all?
For some years now, there has been an increasing trend towards "natural cosmetics". This also includes the idea of not washing your hair at all. One thought behind it: If you don’t wash your hair, you don’t burden it with artificial ingredients. The problem: after a few days, the unwashed hair starts to smell because the sebum is no longer removed and becomes rancid. You should at least wash your hair every now and then.
Wash hair only with water
Another trend is the no-poo movement, i.e. washing hair only with Water, without shampoo. You can find out more about this in the article Washing hair without shampoo.
Washing hair is often a tedious topic for parents. Because usually the children lose the desire to shower and wash after their second birthday….
An almond surgery is often necessary for frequent inflammations (© granata68 – fotolia) Inflammation or enlargement of the tonsils are common…
Hairdresser or lend a hand? Take away your child’s fear of scissors. Whether at the hairdresser or at home: that’s how it works with children’s haircuts….
A reddened face often shows a fever in children – or has the offspring only [. ] Measure fever correctly – fever in children The right one…