Family vacation on the most beautiful beaches
Spain is perfect for a relaxing holiday by the sea in any season.
- For the summer holidays, the Balearic Islands are high on the wish list of many families due to the short flight time. Mallorca is and remains the leader.
- The mild and balanced climate makes the Canary Islands a year-round travel destination. In winter, the temperatures are between 20 and 25 degrees Celsius.
- The Spanish mainland has beautiful coasts on the Mediterranean and Atlantic, which can be easily reached by plane or car. The Costa Dorada has wonderful family-friendly beaches: see the top 5 beaches of the Golden Coast of Catalonia.
- With older children, city trips or round trips are also a good idea.
- There are suitable hotels all over the country, as the Spaniards are extremely child-friendly. Family hotels have become established in many resorts, often with all-inclusive and entertainment programs.
Family trips to the Canary Islands
- The island of Fuerteventura looks like a huge sandpit, which with its kilometers of beaches and family-friendly hotels invites you for a beach holiday.
- Tenerife offers a mix of beach holidays and excursions such as to the famous Loro Parque or to Pico del Teide, the highest mountain in Spain. Costa Adeje and Los Cristianos with long beaches and numerous hotels are popular holiday resorts on Tenerife.
- Demanding holidaymakers will find luxury hotels for family vacations in the Meloneras holiday area in Gran Canaria. The capital Las Palmas is a nice destination for shopping.
- On a family vacation you will discover mainland Spain. The Costa Brava is a classic travel destination for both motorists and air travelers. In addition to the beautiful beaches, the proximity to the lively metropolis of Barcelona is a plus. In the south, the golden yellow beaches of the Costa del Sol stretch between Malaga and Gibraltar.
Fun and games for children on a family vacation in Spain
- The heavenly sandy beaches Spain, such as the beach at Port de Pollença on Mallorca or the beaches around Denia on the Costa Blanca, the little ones can build sand castles as they please. In many places, the beaches are gently sloping so that you can swim safely with your children in the shallow water. Even if you don’t spend your vacation directly by the sea, the hotels offer water fun in the swimming pool. The youngest are also well entertained with the entertainment program in the mini clubs of the resorts. You will find in the vicinity of many holiday resorts Water and amusement parks, in which large and Small get their money’s worth. These include, for example, Aqualand in El Arenal on the Balearic island of Mallorca or Port Aventura on the Costa Dorada.
- Mallorca with its fine sandy beaches is popular with families with children. In well-known holiday resorts such as Alcudia and Cala Millor you will find hotels with childcare and animation. Exciting destinations such as the Aqualand slide park and the dragon caves at Porto Cristo provide variety. Our beach tips for Mallorca can be found in weg.de Mallorca beach check.
- The Balearic island of Menorca offers quiet bays and modern holiday resorts. Water sports enthusiasts are drawn to the beach of S’Algar, the gently sloping beach of Cala en Porter is ideal for holidays with small children.
Relaxation offers and culinary delicacies for adults
Spain will delight you with its cozy hotels. You live here in spacious family rooms and enjoy the child-friendly amenities. Special menus are often served in the restaurant the small Guests and while your youngsters are having fun playing sports and doing handicrafts in the children’s club, you can have fun in the spa let go well. Treat yourself to a soothing massage or swing your racket on the tennis court. In Spain there is also the possibility to book a holiday home for your family. There you can cook your favorite dishes together. Or try the specialties of your holiday region. Especially tasty are Valencia’s aromatic paella or the sweet fried churros, a delicacy for all ages.
Holiday search Great hotels for families with two children You are looking for special hotels that are family-friendly?…
Vacation search Barcelona at a glance For culture lovers and young captains No matter whether you are planning a short trip or your city break something…
Gran Canaria at a glance Grandiose Gran Canaria Gran Canaria is the most famous island in the Canary Islands and attracts countless people year after year…
Portugal at a glance Welcome to Portugal! Or "bem-vindo" as the Portuguese would say! In Portugal they are called you and yours…