For many working people, it is a lifesaver before and during a long working day: coffee in the morning! It is not uncommon for the first step after arrival to be in the coffee kitchen. The larger the office, however, the more colleagues help themselves to the coffee. We will therefore show you what to look for when buying a fully automatic coffee machine for the office and which fully automatic coffee machines are particularly suitable for use in the office:
When is a fully automatic coffee machine for the office worthwhile??
While some smaller offices still use the good old filter machine or coffee pod or capsule machines to make coffee, most larger offices now use fully automatic coffee machines. What advantages and disadvantages do they offer compared to conventional filter and pad machines??
The fully automatic offers some advantages:
- Variety of coffee specialties
- Partly unusual coffee specialties
- Individual preferences adjustable
- Fast, automatic preparation
- No waiting times
- Particularly intense coffee aroma, as the beans are freshly ground and brewed
- Mostly automatic cleaning of internal components possible
- Depending on the model, more space is required
- Cleaning and maintenance usually more time-consuming
- Higher purchase costs
For most, the relative high cost the purchase of a fully automatic coffee machine compared to a filter machine is probably the most likely overcoming point. But if you compare models and carefully consider which aspects of a fully automatic machine are particularly important to you, you will find a suitable machine for comparatively little money: you can find high-quality models in our store starting at around 500 euros.
When making your decision, you should also take the service life of a fully automatic coffee machine compared to a conventional machine: of course, there are great differences in terms of manufacturer, model and maintenance – but in general it can be said that due to the better technical developments, fully automatic coffee machines have a longer service life than conventional filter machines, if they are properly maintained.
Which fully automatic coffee maker is suitable for the office??
When it comes to the question of the suitability of a fully automatic coffee machine for an office, various factors are important:
- How many employees work in the office?
- How many of these employees drink coffee at all, and especially how much??
- Are different coffee specialties consumed and if so, which ones??
- Do your colleagues tend to be connoisseurs who drink one or two cups throughout the day, or are there real coffee junkies in your office??
Not every fully automatic coffee machine can cater to the quantity or variety of specialties you desire. It’s also worth comparing functions and prices.
We have for you the most important criteria for the purchase decision compiled:
Fully automatic coffee maker for the office: what is important??
To help you make the right decision when finding the right machine, we have compiled the most important criteria that you should consider before buying a fully automatic coffee machine:
Demands regarding coffee consumption:
- Amount of daily coffee consumption
Among your work colleagues there are many coffee drinkers? You also receive customers more often? Then your coffee maker should be able to handle this amount of brewed cups accordingly.
In this case, it is also important to consider the size of the water tank, the bean hopper and the so-called pomace hopper, the collection tray for the resulting coffee grounds. By the way: you should not simply throw the resulting coffee grounds in the trash, because it is a real miracle weapon in the household. Did you know, for example, that coffee grounds can be used to fertilize plants and do them good??
- Number of coffee specialties available
Are there many latte macchiato or espresso drinkers among your colleagues?? Then you should choose a machine that can prepare these specialties. Besides "simple coffee specialties" like cappuccino and co., there are now also fully automatic coffee machines that come with a whole repertoire of unusual coffee specialties: flat white, caffe fredo and co. Your colleagues will certainly be especially pleased.
- Hot water function
if you want to enjoy tea as well as coffee, you should pay attention to the hot water function of a fully automatic coffee maker. In this way, tea drinkers can also get hot water from the machine quickly and without much effort, without having to continue to set up a separate water boiler. Since the coffee machine is usually already heated up anyway, there is no need to boil extra water for the tea.
Many fully automatic machines also allow you to easily adjust the portion size, which is especially useful for making tea to which you want to add milk.
- Self-explanatory operation
machines with a particularly wide range of functions and a large number of buttons or settings are often difficult to use for fear of doing something wrong. In addition, complicated menus can lead to your colleagues getting annoyed instead of enjoying the coffee specialties. Therefore, pay attention to the intuitive operation of the fully automatic coffee machine. Particularly easy are coffee machines with touch function or direct selection buttons, such as the delonghi ECAM 656.85.MS primadonna elite experience.
- Easy cleaning
In order to enjoy your fully automatic coffee maker for a long time and to ensure perfect hygiene, daily cleaning is essential. Here you should take into account that the device can be easily disassembled and reassembled, to keep the effort as low as possible. At best, you can clean the individual elements, such as the pulp container, in the dishwasher.
A selection of automatic cleaning programs, such as for the milk system, is also extremely important to keep the inside of the coffee machine clean.
- Noise level when grinding the beans
Especially if you don’t have a separate (tea) kitchen in your office and the fully automatic coffee machine is installed in the immediate vicinity of the workstations, you should take the resulting background noise when grinding the coffee beans into account when making your decision. If the workplace is constantly too noisy because of the grinder, the fully automatic machine can quickly lead to distractions and lack of concentration.
- Space requirement
Often this point is only noticed when it is already too late and the purchased fully automatic machine takes up too much space. So when buying, make sure you know how much space you have available. In our shop you will find small fully automatic coffee machines like the nicona caferomantice NICR 520 with the space-saving dimensions of (W x H x D) 46 x 24 x 34 centimeters.
- Aesthetics of the device
If you often receive customers or other external visitors, the design of the coffee machine may also play an important role. With high-quality materials such as chrome or trendy colors such as white, you can make your vending machine a real eye-catcher.
Which manufacturers for fully automatic coffee machines are a good choice?
For a concrete purchase decision, it is helpful to know certain models of some well-known manufacturers. jura, delonghi and nivoni brand machines are reliable, functional and aesthetically pleasing quality automatic coffee machines thanks to the decades of experience of the manufacturers.
We present to you three fully automatic coffee machines The machine is equipped with a number of features that make it well suited for use in an office environment:
Fully automatic coffee machine for offices with up to 20 people:
Here we recommend nivona caferomatica NICR 520:
Nivona caferomatice NICR 520
- Ideal for up to 30 cups a day
- Water tank capacity: 2.2 liters
- The bean hopper can hold 250 grams of coffee beans
- Possibility to prepare coffee, latte macchiato and cappuccino
- Milk froth function
- Hot water function
- Simple operation via symbol display
- Small footprint: (W x H x D) 46 x 24 x 34 centimeters
- Stylish black and modern design
Fully automatic coffee machine for offices with up to 40 people:
For medium sized offices we recommend the
Jura S8 one touch TFT chrome
- Ideal for up to 20 cups a day
- Water tank with a volume of 1.9 liters
- Bean hopper capacity of 280 grams
- Coffee grounds container can hold 16 portions
- espresso, ristretto, espresso macchiato, cappuccino, coffee, flat white, latte macchiato
- Hot water function
- Simple operation via a TFT color display and sensor buttons
- Easy cleaning of the individual elements
- Size of (W x H x D) 28 x 34.8 x 44.4 centimeters
- Clear, straightforward design
Fully automatic coffee machine for offices of about 50 people or more:
For very large offices we recommend the delonghi ECAM 656.85.MS primadonna elite experience:
Delonghi ECAM 656.85.MS primadonna elite experience
- Water tank with a volume of 2 liters
- bean container capacity of 400 grams
- coffee grounds container holds about 14 servings
- Possibility to prepare various coffee specialties such as cappuccino, latte macchiato, flat white, caffe latte, caffe fredo, americano or hot cocoa
- Hot water function
- TFT color display with intuitive operating concept thanks to direct selection buttons
- Compact size of (W x H x D) 36 x 26 x 47 centimeters
- Noble and high-quality design thanks to gleaming chrome
You can also find a great selection of high-quality fully automatic coffee machines in our kaffeeabo store.
If you are still not sure which coffee machine is the right one for your office, our competent and friendly customer service will be happy to help you. You can reach him by phone at 0 52 44 / 92 74 030 (monday to friday, 08 am to 5 pm) or by using our contact form.