Pictures: (left): Wiener Festwochen Opening (centre): Steiermarkdorf (right): Sommerkino;
Events & Events at the Vienna City Hall Square:
* 25 – 26 October 2019: Vienna Security Festival Rathausplatz from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; admission free. For half a century, the “Helfer Wiens” (formerly Wiener Zivilschutzverband) have been offering comprehensive security information and tips from a single source – based on the expertise of the Viennese aid, deployment and partner organisations of the “K-Kreis”. The merger of these experts to form the common security platform “K-Kreis”. “The ‘K’ stands for: Civil protection, disaster relief, communication and competence. Professionals give tips in the fields of safety, health, environment and social affairs. For children there is an area with bouncy castles and play stations. Culinary delights are not neglected either, of course.
* 15 Nov – 26 Dec 2019: Vienna Christmas Market
When: 15 November to 26 December 2019The Vienna Christmas Market and the Advent Magic are open daily from 15 November to 26 December 2019, Sun-Thu from 10:00 – 21:30 Fr.-Sa from 10-22; Exception: on 24 Dec 2019 the market is open from 10 to 18. The Christmas tree is open until 6.1.2020.
* New Year’s Eve: New Year’s Eve Trail Station Rathausplatz 2019 – 2020:
on 31.12.2019 from about 14 o’clock to 1.1.2020 about 2 o’clock early * live program with music and show * waltz dancing * luckbringer stalls * warm and cold drinks: punch & mulled wine & sparkling wine & beer & etc. * Prohibition of rockets and firecrackers
* January / February / March 2020: Ice Dream . . opening Vienna Ice Dream 17.1.2020 at 19.00 (free admission on opening evening) open: 17.1. – 1.3.2020
* 28 – 29 March 2020: Bike-festival / Fahrrad Wien – Messe: big fair with about 100 exhibitors; test possibility of e-bikes and freight bikes; bicycle children’s world; streetfood trucks for the very best culinary quality bicycle flea market; gravel bike info corner, folding bike focus and much more about the super-strong e-bike drives. Opening hours: 9 – 18 o’clock. Admission is free.
* April 2020: Styria village in Vienna
Location: Wiener Rathausplatz, 1010 Wien Date: April 2020 Opening hours: Do 11-22 Uhr, Fr+Sa 10-22 Uhr, Sun 9-19 Uhr Entrance free, Open-Air event; Description: Experience your holiday flirt with the Styrian hosts at the “Steirisch Anbandeln” with the customs actions from A-Z of the Styrian regions, offer groups and product specialists. Take a panoramic view of the town hall from the Ramsau climbing tower and enjoy Styrian delicacies in the Dorfwirtshaus, the SteirerAlm or the show kitchen. Program =>Styria Village
* 1 May:1 May celebration (in 2019 there were only 12,000 visitors (according to police data), instead of as claimed by the SPÖ 100,000 – 120,000 visitors).
* July – beginning of September 2020: Film festival & summer cinema Rathausplatz
When. When? July – August 2020Where: Wiener Rathausplatz (open air) Info telephone number: 01-4000-8100 Free admissionScreen: Width 23 metres, height 13.25 metres = 300 m2 Seats: Available; who comes first grinds first times of beginning: from dusk onwards Gastronomy: International and domestic cuisine from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Charakertistika: The Vienna Film Festival is held every year. The programme includes pieces from the world of opera, ballet, world music and jazz.
* July-August 2020: Jazz Spring Pint
When: in July & August 2020 every Sunday FRÜHSCHOPPEN at Rathausplatz (admission free)
Every year the popular Jazzfrühschoppen take place as part of the film festival. Every Sunday from 12-14 o’clock different jazz artists inspire the visitors with their live acts at the Wiener Rathausplatz.
Opening hours: Wed. 11-22, Thu. 10-22, Fr. 10 – 22 o’clock. Admission free. with a “best-of” in culinary, cultural, handicraft and customs from the Waldviertel, Lower Austria. More than 100 exhibitors bring everything that makes the Waldviertel so special to Vienna’s Rathausplatz: culinary highlights from dumpling specialities to the famous carp and the noble poppy seeds, Waldviertler beer and brandies, Kamptaler wines, music, customs and traditional crafts. And of course lots of information about health stays, sights, holidays, leisure activities, pure nature experiences.