German Children’s Cancer Aid – giving hope to children with cancer
The German Children’s Cancer Aid Foundation was founded in 1996 by the German Cancer Aid. It provides help and advice to those affected and is committed to fighting childhood cancer nationwide.
Cancer in children
When a child gets cancer, the shock is deep. In Germany, around 2,000 children and adolescents are diagnosed with cancer each year. The positive news: The chances of cure for children with cancer in Germany are very good today – 4 out of 5 children with cancer can be cured.
There is hardly any area of cancer medicine in Germany that has achieved as good success as combating cancer in children. The German Cancer Aid has a significant share in this development:
- It has helped to resolve emergencies in child cancer centers,
- it has promoted important basic research on cancer in children,
- and has advanced therapy for children with cancer by funding numerous clinical trials.
Deutsche KinderKrebshilfe is committed to helping children with cancer throughout Germany. It finances itself exclusively through donations and voluntary donations from the population. It receives no public funds.
German Children’s Cancer Aid Did you know?
Deutsche Krebshilfe and Deutsche KinderKrebshilfe fund almost all therapy studies currently underway in Germany. The successes in research and medicine are impressive. While the diagnosis of leukemia in a child three decades ago was tantamount to a death sentence, the chances of recovery for children today are 80 percent!
These are the project fields of the German Children’s Cancer Aid
Your donations help here
Deutsche KinderKrebshilfe uses its donations for children and adolescents with cancer in the following areas:
- Clinical and clinical research in pediatric oncology
- Children’s cancer centers (development and expansion)
- special stations
- treatment concepts
- Support for parents (parents’ houses and apartments near the clinic as well as aftercare clinics that specialize in organizing cures for children with cancer, adolescents and their families)
- Teaching in the field of child cancer research and control
- Research and training grants
- Implementation of training and further education measures
- Information events to improve cancer control in pediatric cancer medicine
Donate to children now
Children’s rights: minimum standards for the well-being of children The children’s rights result mainly from the Convention on the Rights of the Child ….
Our emergency aid against child poverty Around 2.7 million children and adolescents live in poverty in Germany. Many have to survive everyday school life…
Children’s Report Germany 2018 A large part of the population in Germany gives the state and society bad testimony in combating child poverty in Germany….
German children’s language course: Learn German for children My first interactive children’s language course German children’s language course and…