Veneers (ceramic veneer)
Ceramic veneers for perfect dental aesthetics
Dental aesthetics are playing an increasingly important role in today’s society. More and more people are looking for an optimal look – even with their teeth. Since beautiful anterior teeth are indispensable for an attractive smile, they are also in the special interest of aesthetically oriented dentistry.
In some cases, it may be useful for high aesthetic requirements and a corresponding indication, ceramic veneers, the so-called veneers to make.
What are veneers?
Veneers are extremely thin ceramic veneers, which are glued to the visible area of the anterior teeth in an adhesive procedure and, due to their translucent properties, correspond to the appearance of natural teeth.
In contrast to a crowning of teeth, the veneer restoration is extremely gentle on the teeth, since only a small amount of tooth substance needs to be removed due to the minimally invasive preparation (non-prep) of the tooth. For a successful and aesthetic “smile makeover” with the help of the veneer restoration, detailed consultation and planning involving the dental technician is necessary.
Veneers are first produced on a model for the purpose of intuition and then together with you to model your desired result.
The veneer color is individually adapted to your natural tooth color and then handpainted in the dental laboratory according to your wishes and ideas.
Since veneers are made of a ceramic that is almost identical to natural enamel, it is possible to achieve an excellent esthetic treatment result that is indistinguishable from one’s own tooth.
What types of veneers are there?
There are 3 different types of veneers:
- The conventional ceramic veneers (up to 1 mm thick) in which minimally invasive tooth substance removal is necessary.
- The non-prep veneers, also called Lumineers, thin (about 0.3 millimeters thick) veneers, which are glued to non-prepared teeth.
- The Instant Veneers, also called Veneers-to-Go, are an interesting and cost-effective alternative to traditional veneers. These composite veneers are modeled directly on the tooth in just one session (see COMPONEER).
The areas of application for the 3 veneer types depend on various criteria and must be decided individually by us in consultation with our patients.
Veneers – Applications
Zahnveneers for the aesthetic perfection of their teeth
Ideal areas of application for dental veneers can be found where minimally invasive treatment with the least amount of substance removal is required to achieve particularly esthetic, durable and natural dental restorations:
- Optical correction of misalignments without costly
- Orthodontics or dentures (closing tooth spaces or gaps, straightening teeth)
- Aesthetic optimization, repair of teeth (for example, existing malformations, increased wear, “too small” – to “narrow” – and to “angular” – teeth mend)
- Stable and invisible restoration of tooth defects (dental fractures), caused by accidents or caries
- Discolored teeth, unsightly crayons >
Veneers – long-term experience
Veneers from dentists for dental aesthetics in Berlin
We in the dental practice Brandmann & Colleagues in Berlin have many years of professional experience with the use of veneers. With proper use and processing, scientific studies have shown that after 6 years, 98% of the set veneers were intact. With the correct oral hygiene in connection with regular professional tooth cleaning (prophylaxis), one can assume a shelf life of 10 years.
Veneers Frankfurt Benefit from the advantages of a minimally invasive restoration Visible defects on the teeth are always associated with aesthetic…
Denture in Munich Our shared secret. The lack of several or all teeth is a great challenge in everyday life for many people. Patient and dentist are…
The dentists in the PODBI344 in Hannover: dentistry a trace of personal We take time for your health – this is our practice philosophy! You want a…
Senior Dentistry Dentistry for the generation 60plus We would like to give you an insight into the treatment of senior citizens in and outside our…