Last Updated: 08/03/2019
This Privacy Statement of the S. Giannikakis S.A., Adelianos Kampos, Rethymno, 74100, Crete, Greece, for data that we collect:
- by the use of or through computers and mobile devices (the “apps”)
- through our social media pages that we control from which you are accessing this Privacy Statement (collectively, our “Social Media Pages”)
- through HTML-formatted email messages that we send you that link to this Privacy Statement and through your communications with us
- when you visit or stay as a guest at one of our properties, or through other offline interactions
Collectively, we refer to the Websites, the Apps and our Social Media Pages, as the “Online Services” and, together with offline channels, the “Services.” By using the Services, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Privacy Statement.
Collection of Personal Data
“Personal Data” are data that identify you as being individual or relate to an identifiable individual.
We collect Personal Data in accordance with law, such as:
- Postal address
- Email address
- Language preference
- Date and place of birth
- Nationality, passport, visa or other government-issued >In more limited circumstances, we may collect:
- Data about family members and companions, as well as names of children
- Images and v >How We Collect Personal Data
We collect Personal Data in a variety of ways:
- Online Services. We collect Personal Data when you make a reservation, purchase goods or services from our Sites or Apps, communicate with us, or otherwise connect with us or post to social media sites, or sign up for a newsletter or participate in a survey, contest or promotional offer.
- Property Visits and Offline Interactions. We collect Personal Data when you visit our properties on-property services and outlets, such as restaurants, concierge services, health clubs, child care services, and spas. So we collect or collect personal data when you attend promotional events that we host or in which we participate >Collection of Other Data
“Other Data” is generally not intended to convey your specific identity or do not directly relate to an individual. We want to treat Other Data as Personal Data. Other Data include:
- Browser and device data
- App usage data
- Data collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Demographic data and other data prov >How We Collect Other Data
We collect Other Data in a variety of ways:
- Your browser or device. We collect certain data through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Online Services you are using. We use this data to ensure that the online services function properly.
We collect certain data from cookies, which are pieces of data stored directly on the computer or mobile device that you are using. Cookies allow us to collect data such as browser type, time spent on the online services, pages visited, referenced URL, language preferences, and other aggregated traffic data. Using the data for security purposes, to facilitate the navigation, to display data more effectively, to collect statistical data, to personalize your experience while using the online services and to identify your computer. We therefore gather statistical data on the use of the online services to improve the design and functionality, understand how they are used and assist us with resolving questions.
You can learn more about controlling cookies at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/
By clicking on “Cookie Settings” located at the bottom of our homepage. If, however, you do not accept cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Online Services. For example, we do not want to acknowledge your computer, and you want to log in every time you visit. You therefore do not want to receive or receive any offers from us that are relevant to your interests and needs.
- Pixel Tags and other similar technologies. We collect data from pixel tags (which are known as web beacons and clear GIFs), which are used with some online services to, among other things, track the actions of users of online services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile reports about usage of online services.
- Our website also uses Facebook pixel, which collects anonymized aggregated data that helps us with Facebook’s different platforms (including Instagram). Facebook collects a user >Use of Personal Data and Other Data
S. Giannikakis S.A. We use Personal Data and Other Services to develop new offerings and protect the S. Giannikakis S.A. and our guests as detailed below. In some instances, we will request that you provide Personal Data or Other Data to us directly. If you do not provide the data that we request, or prohibit us from collecting search data, we may not be able to provide the requested services.
We use Personal Data and Other Data for our legitimate business interests, including the following:
Prov >We want to use Personal Data and Other Data to manage our contractual relationship with you, because we have a legitimate interest in doing so and / or to comply with a legal obligation.
- Personalize the services according to your Personal Preferences. We use Personal Data and Other Personal Services to improve your experience, including when you contact our call center, visit one of our properties or use the Online Services, to:
- Customize your experience according to your Personal Preferences
- Present offers tailored to your Personal Preferences
We want to use Personal Data and Other Personal Services to make your Personal Preferences either with your consent or because we have a legitimate interest to do so.
- Communicate with you about goods and services according to your Personal Preferences. We use Personal Data and Other Data to:
- Send you marketing communications and promotional offers, as well as periodic customer satisfaction, market research or quality assurance surveys
We want to use Personal Data and Other Data to communicate with you, to manage our contractual relationship with you and / or because we have a legitimate interest in doing so.
Sweepstakes, activities, events and promotions. We use Personal Data and Other Data to allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and other promotions. Some of these activities have additional information on how to use and disclose your personal data. We suggest you read any search rules carefully.
We use Personal Data and Other Data in this way with your consent, to manage our contractual relationship with you and / or because we have a legitimate interest to do so.
Business Purposes. We use Personal Data and Other Data for data analysis, auditing, security and fraud monitoring and prevention (including the use of closed-circuit television, card keys, and other security systems), developing new goods and services, enhancing, improving or modifying our services, >We use a Personal Data and Other Data in this way to manage our contractual relationship with you, comply with a legal obligation and / or because we have a legitimate interest to do so.
Disclosure of Personal Data and Other Data
Our goal is to provide you with the highest level of hospitality and services, and to do so, we share Personal Data and Other Data with the following:
S. Giannikakis S.A.. We disclose Personal Data and Other Data to other companies within the S. Giannikakis S.A. for the purposes described in this privacy statement, such as prov >Other Uses and Disclosures
We want to use and disclose Personal Data as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to public and / or administrative authorities; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of S. Giannikakis S.A., you or others; and (g) to allow us to establish remedies or limits.
We may use and disclose Other Data for any purpose. In some instances, we may combine Other Data with Personal Data. If we do, we want to treat the combined data as long as it is combined.
Non-S. Giannikakis S.A. entities
S. Giannikakis SA, including Franchisees, Owners, Authorized Licensees, Strategic Business Partners or any third party operating any site or service to which the services link, payment service, loyalty program, or website that is the landing site of the high-speed internet providers at our properties. The inclusion of a link on the Online Services does not imply endorsement of the linked site or service by us. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, any third party’s collection, use and disclosure of your personal data.
In addition, we are not responsible for the data collection, use, disclosure or security policies or practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including with respect to any Personal Data you disclose to other Organizations through the Apps or our Social Media Pages.
Third Party Advertisers
We may use third-party advertising companies to provide services and other services. To serve such advertisements, these companies place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through the use of pixel tags).
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect personal data. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed 100% secure. If you have any reason to compromise with us, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section, below.
LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES
In order to anticipate your needs, our website provides links to other web sites and third parties for your convenience and information. By such third parties. We are not responsible for the collection, use, maintenance, sharing or disclosure of data (including personal data). Their privacy practices, policies and security measures. We recommend that you review these web sites collect, use and store information.
Choices, Access and Retention
You have the choices that are right for you.
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails, you may opt out by following the instructions in any email you receive from us
We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. If you opt out of receiving marketing emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you can not opt out.
- Giannikakis S.A. (Fodele Beach), Adelianos Kampos, Rethymno, 74100, Crete, Greece
We want to provide you with a list of the categories of Personal Data to be shared with you. Other than the addresses specified in this paragraph.
How You Can Access, Change Or Suppress Your Personal Data
- Giannikakis S.A. (Fodele Beach), Adelianos Kampos, Rethymno, 74100, Crete, Greece
In your request, please make clear what Personal Data you would like to have, or you would like to have your personal data suppressed from our database, or other limitations you would like to put on your personal data. For your protection, we only ask for your personal request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that you may or may not be required to complete any of the transactions you may have prior to requesting a change or deletion (eg able to change or delete the Personal Data until after completion of such purchase, reservation, or promotion). There may therefore be residual data that will remain in our databases and other records, which will not be removed. In addition, there may be certain data that we may not allow for legal, security or other reasons.
We want to retain your Personal Data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and prov >Sensitive Data
Unsensitively requested, we ask you to send us your message, or you do not disclose it, or you have any other personal information (eg., Social security number, data related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, ideological or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background, trade union membership, administrative or criminal proceedings and sanctions).
The S. Giannikakis S.A. is a global organization and provides a global service. Sharing data cross-border is essential to the services so you can receive the same high-quality service wherever you are in the world. As a result, we will, subject to law, transfer Personal Data and Other Data collected in connection with the Services, to entities in countries where data protection standards may differ from those in the country where you reside. By making a reservation, visiting or staying at S. Giannikakis S.A. branded property or using any S. Giannikakis S.A. branded service, you understand that we transfer your personal data globally.
In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries, it is entitled to access your Personal Data.
Some of the non-EEA countries are recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection according to EEA
Updates to This Privacy Statement
The “LAST UPDATED” At the top of this page, when this Privacy Statement is last revised. Any changes will become effective when we post the revised Privacy Statement on the Online Services. You accept the revised Privacy Statement. If you would like to review the version of the Privacy Statement that was effective immediately before this revision, please contact us at (email)
We want to learn what is relevant to you and ensure you have a personalized experience. As described earlier, we use digital tools like cookies and tags on our web pages. Cookies help us provide, protect and improve our services.
To adjust your preferences, please visit our Cookie Settings page.
We want to engage with you in a way that is meaningful to you. We recognize that you only want to hear from us in a limited way.
You may choose to unsubscribe from our newsletters by clicking the link below
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * If you choose to opt-out of communications with us, we will continue to send you transactional messages about your specific reservation or stay with us.
Use of Personal Data
We do not intend to give you the opportunity to opt out of such uses and / or disclosures where it involves Personal Data or opt-in where Sensitive Personal Data is involved.
Disclosures to Service Providers
We also have services in our hotels, website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing and other services. They may have access to personal data needed to perform their functions but are restricted to using personal data for purposes other than providing services for or to us. S. Giannikakis S.A. requires that its service providers have the same access to Personal Data received from the EEA and Switzerland as required by the Privacy Shield Principles. We are responsible for ensuring that our Service Providers process the Personal Data in a manner consistent with our obligations under the Principles.
We use reasonable physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards to protect your Personal Data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into account the nature of the personal data and the risks involved in processing that information.
Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation
Personal data in a way that is incompatible with the purposes for which the information has been collected or authorized by. The data is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and current to the extent necessary for the purposes for which the personal data.
Access to Personal Data
You can ask to review, correct, or delete Personal Data that we maintain about you by sending a written request to [email protected]
- Giannikakis S.A., Adelianos Kampos, Rethymno, 74100, Crete, Greece
Fodele Beach, P.O. BOX 1354, Heraklion 71500 Crete, Greece
Tel: +30 2810 522000
Fax: +30 2810 522009
Email: [email protected]
This policy may be changed from time to time, consistent with the requirements of the Privacy Shield. You can determine when this Policy was last revised by referring to the "LAST UPDATED" legend at the top of this page. Any changes to our policy will become effective upon our posting of the revised policy on the site.
iPhone mobile places With our app you can easily – free – determine the current location of your device, even if the GPS function is not active. If used…
Blogs from Cologne – where se > Heike Kaufhold on May 16, 2013/72 comments Cologne Format is a blog from Cologne in which it turns more and more often…